• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can RMX be triggered to start via Logic?

Share/Bookmark

Can RMX be triggered to start via Logic?

Hi.I just got RMX and want to be able to have it start playing when I start Logic playing. I was wondering if there was a way to make it start like it does when you click its' play button. I'm not interested in drgging and dropping midi files.I'll get to that in a while. But for just a quick workflow I would like to have it start to play so I can do some ideas simply and quickly. Thanks. JON

Re: Can RMX be triggered to start via Logic?

No, RMX' playback engine is only for auditioning. But why are you not interested in dragging a MIDI file onto a Logic track? It has no disadvantages, it couldn't be simpler - drag it onto a track and turn on Loop - and that's the way to accomplish what you want to do.

Why not use groove mode, then you only have to play one note to start?

D

Hi. Thanks for your replies.I just got RMX 2 nites ago so I'm a bit at a loss with the midi files. I will check out the groove menu optio.I just wanted it to start and if I come up with an idea i thought it would be easier to try different beats with it running along with the musiacl idea playing looped.I was hopeing then I could audition beats while it was playing. I'm working 7 days a week so I don't have the time I need to get up to speed as quickly as I would like.I love the fact that video tutorials are available for rmx.It really helps. Thanks again for your responses.Oh one more thing.Should I have start immediately on to input the groove note.I had it on 16ths and it seemed a bit of a mess getting things to trigger on the one. JON

the play all button in RMX shows up in the list of automatable parameters in Logic.
    But you have to draw a value of zero in bar one and a 127 on the one of bar 2 in the RMX track to make it work.
    If you put that into your autoloadsong you can audition loops in RMX by hitting start in Logic in perfect sync with the rest of your music.

Hans

Good workaround.

But it's still sort of a walk around the entire block to get next door.

Actually i prefer dragging the midifiles too.
    Gives me much more flexibility.
    I just wish there was some magic trick that would allow me to drag all the files at once to 8 tracks in Logic!

Hans

Go Back to forum