• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO updates Oct 2004 & July 2005 question

Share/Bookmark

GPO updates Oct 2004 & July 2005 question

Hi,

I bought GPO in april 2004 and I have never updated since.

I want to know if I need to install the Oct 2004 update before installing the July 2005 update, or can I go straight to the 2005 update???

I have read most of the stuff about the updates but still am unsure about that...

Thanks,

NDEE

Re: GPO updates Oct 2004 & July 2005 question

I think you can go straight to the v.1.1.8.3 (july 2005) update. But, if you downloaded it earlier, make sure it's not the v.1.1.8.3, that was released in june 2005. This didn't contain the library.

I think it's better to make the whole steps. Someone had a problem missing the Oct 2004 update. Probably it's solved by NI.

Regards

So what should I do?

NDEE

You never have a warranty that everything works fine. You can go straight like Nickie said or you can do both updates that I'm prefering.

I read it several times that people had problems if they skip an earlier update (e.g. Cubase SX, Kontakt 2 and GPO), that's the only reason.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    You never have a warranty that everything works fine. You can go straight like Nickie said or you can do both updates that I'm prefering.

I read it several times that people had problems if they skip an earlier update (e.g. Cubase SX, Kontakt 2 and GPO), that's the only reason.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks.

NDEE

I believe the earlier update contained a library update (significant changes to the keyswitch instruments plus some other things) and the October update was a player-only update. You should definitely download and install all the updates in order. They are indicated by the date they were released on the NI site, which is where you download them. If you follow the chronological order you shouldn't have problems. Good luck.

I think I will install both updates but I'm wondering if there are tweeks I should do once the Oct 2004 update is installed (before installing the July 2005 update), any suggestions?

NDEE

Go Back to forum