• Register
  • Help

Topic: To Rewire, or not to Rewire....?

Share/Bookmark

To Rewire, or not to Rewire....?

...what gives the best general performance - as a VSTi in Cubase or standalone and Rewired in?

If I use GS as a VSIi, do all 128 channels / 32 groups appear in the Cubase mixer (as 64 would if they were rewired in), or does it just appear as a stereo channel?

I would prefer to use it as a VSTi if I can because I plan to record everything as separate channels into Cubase to mix as audio, which it seems you can't do with Rewire...

Thanks,

M

Re: To Rewire, or not to Rewire....?

Just done a search of the forums, and another question has popped up.

In Rewire mode, can I only use MIDI port 1?

If I had a situation where I want to use ports 1-8 (~110 channels) and then capture to separate channels in Cubase to mix, how do I do this? Is there a way that doesn't involve using Cubase's export function for every channel with each channel soloed (which would take a long time for a big arrangement...)?

Thanks,

Martin

(Using GS 3.10)

Re: To Rewire, or not to Rewire....?

Er... ok, losing the will to live now.

Just been playing around with Cubase / GS. Given that I want to render all the tracks as audio and then load them into Cubase, do I need to use Rewire at all?

Would it not be better to launch Cubase from within GS, and then create the audio tracks. Then shut down GS completely, and import the audio files into a new Cubase project where I can mix and master as I would if I had recorded "real" instruments using mics?

Or is that long winded and do I not know what I'm talking about?

M

Go Back to forum