• Register
  • Help

Topic: sound runs on after I stop playing

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy sound runs on after I stop playing

Hi,
    Bought GPO, it performs briilliantly. I love it. One problem: when recording, after I stop, I find the sound of the last note runs on to infinity. How do I cut it off when I stop?
    Thanks,
    Laura Black

Re: sound runs on after I stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by LauraBlack
    Hi,
    Bought GPO, it performs briilliantly. I love it. One problem: when recording, after I stop, I find the sound of the last note runs on to infinity. How do I cut it off when I stop?
    Thanks,
    Laura Black
    just a thought, but make sure that you have the sustain pedal set to "no sustain"--

hit the "Options" button, and you should see a space that says "no sustain/MIDI controller" or "no sustain/MIDI switch". if it says "normal sustain" then the sustain pedal is ON.
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project
    www.nigam.biz/songbook

What platform, OS and Sequencer are you using?

DP 4.6 users were having troubles with stuck notes, in general.

I seem to have resolved mine by following the advice of others and updating my MIDI interface driver.

Maybe you should post this question at a bulletin board dedicated to your sequencer software.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraBlack
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Laura Black
    if you stop your sequencer in the middle of notes playing, the instruments, (GPO) will not get a note off command, so they would continue to play. Your sequencer should have a feature that will send note off commands when you stop the sequence.

Dan

Smile Re: sound runs on after I stop playing

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies. I'm running Windows XP and Sonar 4.0.2. Yep, I changed the sustain setting and corrected the problem. Using the sustain pedal is kind of a lazy approach for me - a bad idea, I think. Updating the midi interface idea is a good one. I've never updated it. I appreciate your help.
    Going all soft-synth has been a frightening concept for me.
    Laura

I recommend using the VST version in Sonar as the DXi version has a tempo change bug. This bug will make it sound like stuck notes and changes the length of notes after tempo changes.

Jim

Go Back to forum