• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Gentility"

Share/Bookmark

"Gentility"

Gentle Folks,

Even though I wrote "Gentility" recently, the music represents a time in the distant past when dudes bowed to the chicks and the chicks in turn curtsied to the dudes. The pace was much slower and there was no SPAM to agonize over.

I don't think that those times will ever return.

This is an all-GPO, all-strings work.

Regards,

LGA

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Gentility.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Gentility"

Been eatin spinach again, huh? Your pieces are getting better (and they were great to begin with). The compositions are great and the mixes are greatly improved. How much spinach would I need to eat to match this?
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Been eatin spinach again, huh? Your pieces are getting better (and they were great to begin with). The compositions are great and the mixes are greatly improved. How much spinach would I need to eat to match this?
    Bill
    Thanks, William.

You are a very-much-appreciated "cheering section" and your encouragement is appreciated.

(See my comments regarding your realization of the Brahms First.)

My best to you and yours,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I don't think that those times will ever return.
    An understatement.
    Larry, very cool indeed. Makes me think of a warm summer day in the park riding the carousel while kid's are playing stick ball. Kind of brings guys like you and I back. Hey, I still open doors for my wife and help her put her coat on. Very nice.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    An understatement.
    Larry, very cool indeed. Makes me think of a warm summer day in the park riding the carousel while kid's are playing stick ball. Kind of brings guys like you and I back. Hey, I still open doors for my wife and help her put her coat on. Very nice.
    Good for you, Mikey! Chivalry isn't completely dead.

I also try to be nice to people around me even though it's difficult sometimes.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hey Larry,

Nice job! Nostalgic and completely Charm-ING. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for the post. I SOMEtimes open the car door for my wife. But I know I should...

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Hey Larry,

Nice job! Nostalgic and completely Charm-ING. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for the post. I SOMEtimes open the car door for my wife. But I know I should...

Paul
    My thanks to you, Mr. Paul and keep up the nice treatment. I'm sure that she appreciates it.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum