• Register
  • Help

Topic: PreSonus: FIREBOX: Anybody know bout it?

Share/Bookmark

PreSonus: FIREBOX: Anybody know bout it?

PreSonus: FIREBOX - 6x10 24-bit/96K FireWire Recording System

http://www.presonus.com/firebox.html

Anybody got this, tried it, or know about it. A friend of mine asked me about it and not being that familiar with what's out there I thought I'd ask you folks here.

The overall configuration of this box is basicaly just what my friend needs.

Any sugestions or help would be appreciated.

T.S.

Re: PreSonus: FIREBOX: Anybody know bout it?

I had problems with the Firebox on OSX. It would repeatedly stop responding while I was working, I had to restart the driver to make it work again. This was the second one, the first was DOA.

I switched to the Focusrite Saffire, which has been great. It's well designed for overdub/project studio applications.

I bought it, had to return it as it was not GSIF compatible, and they had no plans to make it so. If you're not using Gigastudio, it's a nice-sounding unit, well built, but of limited use to Giga users.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Thanks musicjon & Dasher,

Yah, I know about the GSIF thing but it's extremely doubtful my friend would ever get Giga.

Also, he has a PC useing WinXP. Has anyone run into problems on a PC.

Any other comments would be welcome.

T.S.

I've had a firebox since this summer and everything works perfectly for me. I'm on a G5 powermac, OSX 10.4, logic pro 7.1 mostly running plug-ins, but I do some recording.
    Tim

Go Back to forum