• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ilio titles for RMX...?

Share/Bookmark

Ilio titles for RMX...?

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone who has the Ilio titles (which will eventually be RMX Expanders) can comment on how the Akai versions import to RMX via the SAGE Converter. Especially I'm thinking of Stark Raving Beats and Big Bad Beats.

Specifically, I'm wondering about the kick and snare menus -- do they come into RMX laid across the keyboard the same as the original Akai versions?

Also, I'm VERY curious about the Stark Raving Beats HITS and LOOPS menus (from the end of the Akai discs) -- do those loops come into RMX as separate hits? Like all the other "Groove Control" elements? OR, do they just come across as single audio files (not broken into separate hits)?

I'm TOTALLY interested in this offer to get these titles on the cheap from Ilio NOW -- but just curious how those particular items import from the Akai versions.

THANKS!

Re: Ilio titles for RMX...?

Yes...all the sound menus import on all ILIO titles.

Thanks, Eric -- I'm happy to hear all parts get imported. But I'm just a little confused about HOW they get imported, is what I'm still not getting my head around.

I mean, I'm curious if the Stark Raving Beats "loops" (the so-called "element menus" with djembe, dumbek, and talking drum loops, etc... the ones from the end of the Akai disc) come in as "groove control" loops (which I can chaos the heck out of), or just one-shot, not-able-to-adjust-the-tempo loops...?

Yes...all the loops are converted and organized like that.

DANG.

That... is... COOL...

...and I'm gonna try to place my order with Ilio as soon as I get a few free moments.

Is it just me, or are these among the most amazing music-making tools ever invented?

Go Back to forum