• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Podcast interview with Gary Garritan is up..

Share/Bookmark

My Podcast interview with Gary Garritan is up..

Hi all!
    I just wanted to again invite you to check out my "D.D. Jackson's Living Jazz Podcast". It's sort of an extension of the bi-monthly column I've been writing for the jazz magazine Down Beat for the past few years (in which I discuss my life as a jazz musician living in New York City) and is also a promotion for my upcoming Artistshare website. The latest, Podcast #11, features an interview I did with Gary Garritan at the AES Conference that took place a few weeks ago and is up right now. The previous podcast, #10, also featured a similar interview I did with Tom Hopkins the day before.

To hear my Podcasts, go to:

http://ddjackson.com/frame_sounds4.htm

and click on the appropriate MP3 to play (or right-click to download first). For those new to Podcasts, note that you don't need an IPod to play them - just software on your computer that plays MP3 files..

Better yet, you can also subscribe to my Podcast via the free software program ITunes (Mac or PC), so that this and any future podcasts can be automatically downloaded to your computer. To do so, make sure you've installed the latest version (6.01) from http://www.itunes.com (it will also work if you have at least version 4.9 or above); then from within ITunes click on the "Podcasts" playlist to the left; click on the "Advanced" menu along the top and choose "Subscribe to Podcast"; and paste the following text exactly as it appears:

http://ddjackson.com/Podcasts/feed.xml

and click "Ok".

I hope you enjoy them - I certainly had a blast talking to and getting to know both Gary and Tom!!
    - robjohn (D.D. Jackson)
    ---------------
    Webpage: http://ddjackson.com
    email: dd@ddjackson.com

Re: My Podcast interview with Gary Garritan is up..

Cool stuff! I'll take a listen . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Actually, I just updated it slightly to include a Solo Strad sample and mention of this newsgroup and Garritan's site!
    Best -
    robjohn (D.D. Jackson)

Good interview! Thanks for posting this for us!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Yep. Nice interview. Thanks.

Thank you D.D for the opportunity and the honor to do this interview on your Living Jazz Podcasts.

I enjoyed meeting you in New York and learning we had a mutual acquaintence in Frank. Writing for Downbeat, playing at some of the best jazz venues. doing the aritst share, doing the music for Chicago City Limits, winning all sorts of awards, and so many accomplishments.

It is you we should be interviewing!!

Thanks again D.D. I enjoyed it very much and I hope ou paths will cross again in the near future.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Thank you D.D for the opportunity and the honor to do this interview on your Living Jazz Podcasts.

I enjoyed meeting you in New York and learning we had a mutual acquaintence in Frank. Writing for Downbeat, playing at some of the best jazz venues. doing the aritst share, doing the music for Chicago City Limits, winning all sorts of awards, and so many accomplishments.

It is you we should be interviewing!!

Thanks again D.D. I enjoyed it very much and I hope ou paths will cross again in the near future.

Gary Garritan
    Gary, the pleasure was all mine!
    - D.D. (robjohn)

D.D.,

i'll check out the Podcast when I get home. Do you have NYC gigs coming up? I live in Jersey City and work in Manhattan, and am a jazz musician who is new to MIDI composing. I'd love to hear you play and to meet you.

Nigam
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project
    www.nigam.biz/songbook

Quote Originally Posted by nigamshah
    D.D.,

i'll check out the Podcast when I get home. Do you have NYC gigs coming up? I live in Jersey City and work in Manhattan, and am a jazz musician who is new to MIDI composing. I'd love to hear you play and to meet you.

Nigam
    Actually, I DO have a gig coming up I'm doing in preparation for a new CD I'm recording soon. It's taking place at the Bosendorfer Showroom

http://www.bosendorfernewyork.com/

on Sat. Dec. 3rd at 3 pm. We'll be playing an hour's worth of my original music from the upcoming CD (myself - solo piano, plus Sam Newsome - soprano sax; Dana Leong - trombone/cello; and Christian Howes - violin)...When I get more info I'll post it here -
    Best!
    D.D. (robjohn)

Go Back to forum