• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BOY OH BOY!

Share/Bookmark

BOY OH BOY!

Did we just get hit by lightning? Ha! Blew the whole electrical system off line! Good thang we have a massive diesel engine generator. Man, what a hit outside near or on the service units across the road. Hope no one was doing anything too important on his or her PC's.
    Styxx

Smile Re: BOY OH BOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Did we just get hit by lightning? Ha! Blew the whole electrical system off line! Good thang we have a massive diesel engine generator. Man, what a hit outside near or on the service units across the road. Hope no one was doing anything too important on his or her PC's.
    Well, it is a most excellent thing that you are still around to tell us about it.

Re: BOY OH BOY!

True story: When I was a freshman at NYU, there was a random brownout on the block that my dorm was located. This happened a little after midnight during finals week. Practically EVERYBODY in the dorm was on their computers writing term papers. When the power went out, there was the sudden sound of literally hundreds of simultaneous groans, shocked gasps, "oh sh-t"s and "what the f--k"s (I was one of them). I've always wondered what that must have sounded like to someone walking by on the sidewalk... I would have given a million dollars to have a microphone running at that moment.

chris.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    True story: When I was a freshman at NYU, there was a random brownout on the block that my dorm was located. This happened a little after midnight during finals week. Practically EVERYBODY in the dorm was on their computers writing term papers. When the power went out, there was the sudden sound of literally hundreds of simultaneous groans, shocked gasps, "oh sh-t"s and "what the f--k"s (I was one of them). I've always wondered what that must have sounded like to someone walking by on the sidewalk... I would have given a million dollars to have a microphone running at that moment.
    I hate when that happens . . .

I'm in the habit of unplugging my computer during a big thunderstorm. Years ago, when I was in middle school, we left the computer on during a thunderstorm and *zap* . . . gone forever, along with one of our televisions. Fortunately that was back before I was writing music, or doing anything interesting at all for that matter.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Another story . . .

We were down in Florida one summer on vacation during a big storm. We were driving somewhere, the rain was pouring. We were stopped at a red light. There was this huge tree on the corner of the intersection, very tall. Guess what happened Tree all over the road . . . (and not very good for the ears either)
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I do not remember ever hearing thunder roll so continuously in all my life! I started timing at 1:00 pm on the dot and it hasn't (at least that's how it sounds) stopped yet. 1:02 and still rollingk, darlink!
    Yup! Dang Lake Effect storm. Winds of 30 to 40 mph with gust up to 65 mph. I just saw a small craft go by my window! Don't these people hear there is a small craft warining in effect?
    Love the lightning shoostingk down all around darlink!
    Oops, there goes the Buffalo Philharmonic by my winder.
    Well Shazbot, looks as if you left this city at the right time! Uh Oh! FEMA is outside my window and there goes the radio station! Shighst, they were playing Chickenkovski's bowel movement in H.

OK, I'll stop. I'll go ... I know when I've been licked ............................ "ting"
    Styxx

So if you go driving it might look something like this?

Sean Patrick Hannifin

I love thunderboomers (assuming I'm nice and cozy inside)! Fried computers (and TVs) suck, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    So if you go driving it might look something like this?

Pretty much except they're Buffalo not Cows!
    Styxx

ROFLOL!
    This thread is crazy! Flying cows, flying symphony orchestras, lightning, fried computers, choruses of swears, THE MAN'S NUTS!!!! GRAB 'EM!!!!!

Actually when I lived in TX our house was hit by lightning. we lost our VHS player, one computer (my mom's, which was later repaired), and the air conditioner--in the SUMMER--in TEXAS!!!! That sucked. But we got through. That was one heck of a storm, though. Mainly electrical, not much wind and not a downpour of rain--but man that LIGHTNING!!!! There wasn't even that much thunder (which is kinda weird with all these flashes). But that was back when I was in 4th grade so when the power went out the first time at school it was really fun.

Speaking of weather, ya know what's kinda weird? I lived in TX for 12 years and we've had countless thunderstorms. Yet I've never seen a funnel cloud. I move to NJ and so far in my three years here I've seen two funnel clouds and nearly got struck by lightning--TWICE!!! (dang thunder's loud when it's 12 feet away! ) Doesn't make much scence.

-Chris

Go Back to forum