• Register
  • Help

Topic: Orchestral/Electronica: "Dawn"

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral/Electronica: "Dawn"

Hello all.

This is my second real effort using GPO, called Dawn (First song on the page)

It's sort of Electronica with Orchestra.

The synth and arpeggio were recorded as audio from one of my hardware synths, I then created an orchestral accompaniment with GPO (that has kind of taken over). All done in Cubase SX.

I'd be interested in opinions.

It may be the first of a series of pieces on the theme of "A Day"

Re: Orchestral/Electronica: "Dawn"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOne
    Hello all.

........I'd be interested in opinions.

It may be the first of a series of pieces on the theme of "A Day"

Hi Mark,

I'm part of the one percent of the UK that can't get broadband. It's nothing to do with the physical location up here on Dartmoor - it's simply that I live in one of the largest parishes in Devon with a population of only 450! BT says it's not viable. SO, when I finally finishing downloading your mp3, I'll get back to you. That will probably be tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing your demo. Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch
    Hi Mark,

..... when I finally finishing downloading your mp3, I'll get back to you. That will probably be tomorrow.

Hi Mark, This is a nice combination of modern and classical. I especially enjoyed hearing the GPO strings enter after the first minute or so. And it sounds like your getting a good reponse from the rest of the orchestra as it progresses. Maybe the brass could brighten up a bit. Are you using the overlay samples? One further thought: Had you considered letting the synth drop out towards the end leaving the orchestra to finish the piece?

Thanks for posting this and good luck with the other items you're working on.

Graham.

Graham

Thanks for the reply (I guess this kind of thing isn't that popular around here!*). I've been thinking along similar lines to you re: taking the synth back at some point, or even dropping it out altogether. I'll experiment over the weekend!

Thanks again
    Mark

*Though having listened to some of the other stuff, I can see it is a bit, er, pale ( ?) in comparison to some works here

mark - i thoroughly enjoyed this, as i enjoy electronica and music which blends synth and acoustic...the orchestral tutti toward the end was wonderfully surprising...i like your style

-josh

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOne
    Graham

I guess this kind of thing isn't that popular around here

*Though having listened to some of the other stuff, I can see it is a bit, er, pale ( ?) in comparison to some works here
    Hi Mark,

Although there's a 'bias' towards classical in this site, that is by no means the only style that is demo'd here. Anything that is a little different is much welcomed, especially as GPO is such an extremely versatile tool. From a purely musical perspective, we have been through several decades (if not more) of experimentation, some of which has been pretty awful. But, the very best of modern ideas combined with the old is producing something that future generations will call 'early 21st century style'. We all have a part to play in that, so stick at it!

Graham

Go Back to forum