• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cello KS Solo 1 causing Finale crash?

Share/Bookmark

Cello KS Solo 1 causing Finale crash?

Hi all.
    Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have a piece which involves 9 instruments one of which is cello. I have been trying to load the Cello KS Player 1 in slot 8 of the first GPO instance and when I complete the load and save the file, Finale 2006a BOMBS! Not sure what is happening. Anyone have any suggestions? If I use any of the other Celli, the file is okay. Seems to be a conflict with the Keyswitch patch and the file in some way!
    One area I am currently investigating as a cause is that I may have some old "note expressions". The original file was created quite a few Finale's ago. It seems to me that I have read somewhere that this can cause problems...but I'm guessing.
    Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Cello KS Solo 1 causing Finale crash? WEIRD

I must have hammered away at this problem for hours, and posted here as well as the Finale forum and it turns out that the problem was solved by loading the KS Cello into its own GPO instance. Not sure why that worked, but it was suggested by someone on the Finale forum.

It turns out that problem was intermittent. It happened with both an old file and a new one produced by the Finale 2006a setup wizard. MMMMMmmmmm. I'll leave this as an unsolved mystery I guess.

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Go Back to forum