• Register
  • Help

Topic: Viola Keyswitching

Share/Bookmark

Viola Keyswitching

Hi folks-

I'm having a bit of trouble with keyswitching in any solo viola patch. None of it seems to work! If I load up a violin patch, the keyswitching works. I'm interested in alternative bowings for the viola and I'm just not hearing it. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Scott

Re: Viola Keyswitching

Hi Scott.
    What program are you using? Platform? I'm on a Mac with Finale 2006a. I have discovered that you need to do two things:
    1) Be sure you use the KS viola patch
    2) Be sure you are entering NOTE expressions and not MEASURE expressions.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ewoh24
    Hi folks-

I'm having a bit of trouble with keyswitching in any solo viola patch. None of it seems to work! If I load up a violin patch, the keyswitching works. I'm interested in alternative bowings for the viola and I'm just not hearing it. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Scott
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Viola Keyswitching

Hi Paul,

I'm using Logic 7 on a Mac (obviously!). I've been using the KS solo viola patch and I guess it is working, it just seems to work differently than the violin version. It dosen't seem to be as noticeable maybe? No biggie at this point. I simply re-arranged the part to the Secong Violin and got the effect I was looking for.

But is this normal? Does anyone else notice a difference?

Thanks!

Scott

Go Back to forum