• Register
  • Help

Topic: Posting links to music. Problems.

Share/Bookmark

Posting links to music. Problems.

Hello. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Earlier this year Gary kindly posted my first piece here, which Francesco had worked some magic on. It's been some time, but I just tried to post a link to my newest piece and got this message:

"Your Post contains one or more URLs, please remove them before submitting your message again."

I don't think I've done anything wrong. Presumably I don't have the right permissions to post links.

Can anyone help me out

Re: Posting links to music. Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOne
    Hello. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Earlier this year Gary kindly posted my first piece here, which Francesco had worked some magic on. It's been some time, but I just tried to post a link to my newest piece and got this message:

"Your Post contains one or more URLs, please remove them before submitting your message again."

I don't think I've done anything wrong. Presumably I don't have the right permissions to post links.

Can anyone help me out
    I believe the rule is that you have to have 5 posts before you can submit a link. Don't know where the rule came from, but it has been repeated so often here that it must be true!
    Listen to a few demos, weigh in with your thoughts, get over 5 posts, then try again.

R. Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    I believe the rule is that you have to have 5 posts before you can submit a link. Don't know where the rule came from, but it has been repeated so often here that it must be true!
    Listen to a few demos, weigh in with your thoughts, get over 5 posts, then try again.

R. Pearl
    Thanks rpearl. I understand.

I'll happily comment on other people's demos... Only thing is, I probably know far less regarding GPO that pretty much EVERYBODY here, so my opinion is probably not so helpful

But I'll stick around and see what peeps are doing

Cheers
    Mark

Thanks rpearl. I understand.

I'll happily comment on other people's demos... Only thing is, I probably know far less regarding GPO that pretty much EVERYBODY here, so my opinion is probably not so helpful

Cheers
    Mark
    Mark,

Any honest comment is a worthy one. You don't have to be an expert - praise what you like, consider how the things that you dont like could be made better, and post away!

By the way, welcome!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Mark,

...and post away!

By the way, welcome!

Ron
    I've already started

And, thanks!

Mark.

*this is just a shameless attempt of hijacking your thread in order to get my postcount up so that i'll be able to post stuff myself. please ignore. thanks and goodbye*

can anybody say "spam"? ;-)

Cheers
    Mark
    Please do take the time to post your comments when you can -- every opinion is worthwhile and very, very welcome, Mark.

Although I suppose technically this forum is devoted to GPO, the real first concern is always -- the music. As writers, all of us learn a great deal from the perceptions of others -- both about what we've done well and, especially, where we can improve.

Perhaps the only rule, and at that an unwritten one, is that of courtesy and respect toward all of our colleagues. But speak your mind!

Welcome aboard, and glad to have you here!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum