• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: You guys that do this for a living….what do you provide as a deliverable?

Share/Bookmark

You guys that do this for a living….what do you provide as a deliverable?

Howdy.

Was wondering about what you guys do for deliverables, when a real orchestra is not used. Not looking for reasons why a real orchestra is not used; but wanted to know what is usually/often required. Tascam? TC DAT? CD? Do you do the full mix and add reverb if a basically dry library is used, or do you leave it dry and let the re-recording engineer add reverb? What libraries do you find yourself using most (not what you have or compose with, but what you deliver with)?

Hope these aren’t too many questions; any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance!

Re: You guys that do this for a living….what do you provide as a deliverable?

The deliverables are what the contract stipulates or what the client asks for. Lately my deliverables are a final mix file on my FTP server!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Generally WAV or AIF files on CD or via an FTP.

Depends on what the client specifies they need and/or what is most efficient.

if i have a bunch of cues synced to picture i might deliver an omf.

and i definitely deliver what i consider to be final mixes. some sweetening may happen as part of the dub tho.

and i don't think i've even turned my dat machine on in 2+ years.
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    .. .. .. and if I mentioned which library I used my post would be censored!
    It would also be irrelevant to the question that was asked.
    I ftp everything. I rarely, rarely deliver hard copies anymore.

Post Re: You guys that do this for a living….what do you provide as a deliverable?

I've been delivering via FTP for quite some time now, however I will additionally compile masters on DVD and provide that to the client. File sizes are large (due to masters being 24bit 48kHz AIF) so it's convenient to have an archived DVD for the client.

Best wishes,

Kaveh Cohen

www.kavehcohen.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC
    I've been delivering via FTP for quite some time now, however I will additionally compile masters on DVD and provide that to the client. File sizes are large (due to masters being 24bit 48kHz AIF) so it's convenient to have an archived DVD for the client.

Best wishes,

Kaveh Cohen

www.kavehcohen.com
    Same for me although sometimes I deliver ProTools sessions when I am using my engineer who uses it and the post house is mixing in PT.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I deliver on~cassette tape............

It sorta sucks having to record over New Kids On The Block (NKOTB for you hip dudes), but hey, you gotta do what cha' gotta do.

Although, I'm thinking about starting to use FTP. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    He asked which libraries we used the most!
    I apologize. You're right. But I read your wry comment twice in two different threads and it seemed like you were adding fuel to the fire rather unhelpfully.

Hey guys - thanks much for the input.

Yes, I was actually asking which libraries were used more often, but if you can't answer, that's cool.

So, I guess from the sounds of it, FTP is the way to go. I guess if I start doing this, I will have to say bye-bye to dial-up, huh?

Go Back to forum