• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: RUSH R30 DVD Coming Soon!!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up OT: RUSH R30 DVD Coming Soon!!

The DVD celebrates RUSH's $21-million grossing, sell-out 30th Anniversary World Tour. The concert was filmed with 14 hi-definition cameras in 16x9 widescreen format at the Festhalle, Frankfurt Germany on September 24, 2004.

Re: OT: RUSH R30 DVD Coming Soon!!

I was disappointed to not be able to see them during that tour. Thanks for the heads up. Nice pic too .. nothing like some good 'ole RUSH!

Thumbs up Re: OT: RUSH R30 DVD Coming Soon!!

Yea, I plan to pitch a tent at Best Buy on Nov. 22

I'll be the only one there...but hey a fanatic is a fanatic.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thumbs up Re: OT: RUSH R30 DVD Coming Soon!!

HD baby!! Can't want to see this on my 57" 16:9 TV
    I should pick one of those DVD players that uploads to 1080i. Anyone using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    HD baby!! Can't want to see this on my 57" 16:9 TV
    Tellya what...I'll buy it if Wife and I can come over to your place and watch it.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Would be nice if this came out in windows media hi def - those look fantastic.

I have a scaler in my home theater pc - does a fairly decent job but its still not magic. Works well on the 8 foot screen though. Videos look wonderful there. Frank, does your bigscreen have vga or dvi inputs? If so, you could hook up your pc temporarily to it - looks fantastic. I have a 56 inch samsung as well and it looks fantastic with and htpc hooked up to it.

steve

Oh man! Got to get me a copy! We be Peart-ing!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    Would be nice if this came out in windows media hi def - those look fantastic.

I have a scaler in my home theater pc - does a fairly decent job but its still not magic. Works well on the 8 foot screen though. Videos look wonderful there. Frank, does your bigscreen have vga or dvi inputs? If so, you could hook up your pc temporarily to it - looks fantastic. I have a 56 inch samsung as well and it looks fantastic with and htpc hooked up to it.

steve
    Hi Steve,

Hooked up via DVI. So I would this 10801 DVD player avoid having to resize for full screen? The 2:5.31 (whatever it is) DVDs do look sweet but that's after resize.

I was thinking about putting the PC on but the TV only has one DVI input and 2 comps ins. Guess I would need a box of sorts.

The scaler should be outputting native hi-def res so your tv doesnt have to do that work.

ATI has a DVI to component adapter i think. That can be a decent option. I actually have my big(ger) screen on a projector hooked up through vga and the smaller 56 through DVI on a different htpc.

The scaler dvd players would likely have component or HDMI.

The nice thing about the computer as a scaler over the upconverting dvd players is the ammount of control you have over the final image. You can completely taylor your pic to the display (for example, my projector isnt high def but my 56er is) - each is completely taylored to that image (sharpness, etc). You just dont have that kind of control with the dvd scalers.

You can get a regular resolution dvd looking very good (if its a good dvd, some are not so good at all - Braveheart for example is unwatchable in my opinion on a large screen, whereas Lord of the Rings is a thing of beauty). Some dvds have far more information on them and scale beautifully (futureshop just sold off al their superbit dvds very cheaply - they are great for scaling).

steve

Great reply. Thanks for the input!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum