• Register
  • Help

Topic: Capturing Chaos as Audio using Cubase SX?

Share/Bookmark

Capturing Chaos as Audio using Cubase SX?

Hello All

I have watched the “Capturing Chaos as Audio” video in Stylus RMX v1.5 and am really keen to be able to manipulate the “chaosed” audio.

I am using Cubase SX3.1.1 (Windows) and would like to capture this audio as easily as Logic does in the video.

Also, sometimes I have a Midi track that controls the Stylus RMX VSTi and want to record the output to an Audio track so that I can process it separately. I know that I can Freeze the track – but that’s not want I want.

I have looked in the manual – all I can figure out is having to export the audio as a WAV file and then import it back in to my song (gasp). Is that REALLY what I have to do? It seems very long-winded for such a simple thing.

Any help gratefully received!

Tyrone Howe

Banned

Re: Capturing Chaos as Audio using Cubase SX?

there is a function in the audio-export menu:

file > export > audioexport. click on it. a window opens, and in that window you can click 'audio-piool'. then the export ist automatically also copied to the audiopool of your project. open the audio-pool(ctrl.-p) and drag the file to a free audio-track in your sequencer. very simple

Thanks zonobono

Appreciate your fast response.

...Do I still have to specify the filename for export? Because that's the bit that realy seems odd - I don't really need to create a separate file - just want it imported as an audio track.

Sorry to be cheeky, but I'll ask one more question! Again in the 1.5 RMX videos, Spectrasonics show changing the quantization (in Logic) to affect the way RMX is played - it sounds great. And it's all done on the fly while RMX is playing. Can we do that in SX as well?

Again thanks

Banned

hi tyrone,

yes, you have to specify a file name. but 'aa' is enough. keep it simple i have a separate folder for my cubase-exports, which makes it easy to find them again and to delete them, if not needed any more.

quantisation: i haven't seen the video, but you can change quantisation in sx on the fly. just mark the midipart with your rmx-midi-notes, then change the quantisation (16T for exemple), and press on 'Q'.

have fun!

Thanks again.

I have found one trick. If you save the exported audio into the correct audio directory for the song, then Cubase realises it's in the right place and doesn't try to copy it over again! So you can do it all in one go - great!

Go Back to forum