• Register
  • Help

Topic: Interesting Problem in Cubase VST 5

Share/Bookmark

Interesting Problem in Cubase VST 5

Hi everybody. First off, I'd like to go ahead and apologize if this has been covered elsewhere on the board, but since it's an interesting (read: "aggravating") issue I'm having I thought I'd just go ahead and bite the bullet.

I've been using GPO with Cubase for a couple years without problem on Win98. Then, I had to upgrade to XP. I reinstalled GPO and it ran fine. I downloaded GPO studio and fiddled with some configs in Windows and then the problem showed up.

Basically, what's happening is I have to continually re-register whenever I open GPO within Cubase as VST Plug-in.

Allow me to elaborate...

After the initial problem, I wiped GPO and all elements from my system and reinstalled. I registered with no problem and GPO was ready to go. I opened its standalone player and there was no problem. But I wanted to use my sequencer, so I fired up Cubase and loaded GPO as VSTi...and I get the message saying my configuration has changed and I need to reregister within 30 days...etc. And whenever that happens, I get the exact same message whenever I open the standalone player. It's like VST just isn't accepting the registration.

And that's it. I've reinstalled GPO several times (even emailed Mr. Garritan about it and at the time he wished me luck ) and contacted NI but they never got back to me.

I'm not entirely sure it's an issue with registration as it is something going wrong with VST, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, or if I'm alone. Again, it's not a problem that's preventing me from doing anything, but having to register every 30 days (and seeing that annoying pop up) is a bit of a drag.

Any help you could offer would be great.

-cb

Re: Interesting Problem in Cubase VST 5

Quote Originally Posted by CorwynB
    Hi everybody. First off, I'd like to go ahead and apologize if this has been covered elsewhere on the board, but since it's an interesting (read: "aggravating") issue I'm having I thought I'd just go ahead and bite the bullet.

I've been using GPO with Cubase for a couple years without problem on Win98. Then, I had to upgrade to XP. I reinstalled GPO and it ran fine. I downloaded GPO studio and fiddled with some configs in Windows and then the problem showed up.

Basically, what's happening is I have to continually re-register whenever I open GPO within Cubase as VST Plug-in.

Allow me to elaborate...

After the initial problem, I wiped GPO and all elements from my system and reinstalled. I registered with no problem and GPO was ready to go. I opened its standalone player and there was no problem. But I wanted to use my sequencer, so I fired up Cubase and loaded GPO as VSTi...and I get the message saying my configuration has changed and I need to reregister within 30 days...etc. And whenever that happens, I get the exact same message whenever I open the standalone player. It's like VST just isn't accepting the registration.

And that's it. I've reinstalled GPO several times (even emailed Mr. Garritan about it and at the time he wished me luck ) and contacted NI but they never got back to me.

I'm not entirely sure it's an issue with registration as it is something going wrong with VST, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, or if I'm alone. Again, it's not a problem that's preventing me from doing anything, but having to register every 30 days (and seeing that annoying pop up) is a bit of a drag.

Any help you could offer would be great.

-cb
    I did have this exact problem and got a lot of help from both NI and Gary at the time. GPO would 'de-register' itself every time I started Cubase. The good news is that I fixed it. The bad news, it took a complete fresh re-install of XP to achieve. Reinstalling Cubase, GPO, etc didn't do any good. A suggestion I didn't get around to trying as I was half way through the re-install when I got it was to :
    "Please try copying the actual PersonalOrchestraVST.dll in the correct Cubase
    5 folder. If you did a standard installation you can find the VST.dll in

C:\program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST"

Go Back to forum