• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free acoustic guitar Giga sample?

Share/Bookmark

Free acoustic guitar Giga sample?

Anyone know of one? Nothing complicated at all.. just something I can strum on the keyboard. Thanks!
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Re: Free acoustic guitar Giga sample?

hey sam... long time....
    timmy zee, the westgate winds fella, had a quite nice little acoustic freebie back in the day

if not... download the free demo of plugsound by USB. It has a pretty awesome nylon... it'll make you wanna buy it.

christianb

Quote Originally Posted by christianb
    hey sam... long time....
    timmy zee, the westgate winds fella, had a quite nice little acoustic freebie back in the day

if not... download the free demo of plugsound by USB. It has a pretty awesome nylon... it'll make you wanna buy it.

christianb
    but don't...

Compared to the newer guitar vst's out there you be putting good money after bad. (well not bad but certainly not great.) Save up for Hans Zimmer or download a cheap one from Wizoosounds or Sonic implants.

Darren

:-)

point taken, lots of other good ones out there. There are however some other nice stringed instruments of all flavors in there none-the-less

cb

The current issue of MusicTech carries a DVD with my Guitar (giga, Kontakt, Halion and EXS24 versions included). 3 layers and 96k/24bits and free when you buy the magazine.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Sam,

If you're on Logic, you should look at the Garage Band instruments, there's an awesome guitar in there, my favorite acoustic actually!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Music Lab's Real Guitar demo hooked me, and I spent the $200, even though I had no intention of spending that much on acoustic guitars. It works in virtually any major platform as a plug, or as a stand-alone.

Not free, but very, very good. If you purchase v1.5 before they release v2, you get the upgrade free.

thanks guys.. I just grabbed the Westgate free steel string.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

The current issue of MusicTech carries a DVD with my Guitar (giga, Kontakt, Halion and EXS24 versions included). 3 layers and 96k/24bits and free when you buy the magazine.

Don't make the mistake I did! On the strength of this post I raced out to Barnes and Noble and picked up a copy of MusichTech with DVD attached. Now that I've just gotten home with it, it looks like it may be the wrong issue???? Haven't loaded the DVD yet, but it appears to be the Bosendorfer96 piano and not the guitar.

Any comments on this Michiel? (I'm sure the piano is great, but I'm a guitarist, not a pianist)!

Carl

ok, this is this month MT mag. I have no idea how long it takes before B&N has the November issue, but they sold you Oktober´s issue (which has my Piano on the cover DVD!).
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum