• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which of these keyboards would you recommend for use with the Personal Orchestra?

Share/Bookmark

Which of these keyboards would you recommend for use with the Personal Orchestra?

For some insanely stupid reason this forum won't allow you to post URLs, so to see the selection I'm looking over you'll have to go to the m-audio website, click Products on the lefthandside, and click on the Midi Controllers icon.

I am new to computer based music and am looking to get a decent keyboard that will have all the functions I need for the garritan personal orchestra, while still being reasonably priced.

I know I need something with a mod wheel.
    I know I need something with velocity sensitive keys.
    I know I need a sustain pedal.
    But they also offer something called a Universal Expression Controller Pedal... What is that? Should I buy this instead of a sustain pedal?

For the personal orchestra, does it matter whether I have 49 keys, 61 keys, or 88 keys?

Are any of the features on the advanced keyboards needed for the personal orchestra, or will they at least make things easier?

Re: Which of these keyboards would you recommend for use with the Personal Orchestra?

I think that you can post URLs after you are no longer a "new member".

You will absolutely want a sustain pedal. Having an expression pedal would also be nice. It allows you to control the expression with your foot, rather than the mod-wheel, leaving your left hand free to control keyswitches.

As to size, that's your preference. If you play piano, get 88 keys. If you're tight on space, get 49.

-JF

Go Back to forum