• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: We Need More Superheros!

Share/Bookmark

We Need More Superheros!

Super Heros Wanted!

For those not familiar with the Super Heros, last year the GPO League of Super Friends was formed dedicated to truth, justice and the betterment of sampling. The Super Friends are members of this forum with extraordinary abilities. Here is the original thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=26148

Since that time more members joined the forum who must be inducted into the GPO League of Super Friends. It would be great to make Beach, Sean, Navidson, etLux, MovieMaestro and other superheros too! If you would like to join, please send me a small headshot of yourself and we'll make you into a superhero.

To infinity and beyond....

Meet the Super Heros:

Top Left to Right: Falcon Stefan soars above rest and his powers come directly from GPO which transforms his energy into bolts of inspiration. Plugman David - The mastermind behind GPO Studio has the super ability to create and command VST plugins and hosts. The Incredible Hulk Maddux - whose powerful arrangements will make anyone green with envy. The ever-vigilant Archangel Jeannot can eliminate evil from any sample, Houston "The Thing" is solid like a rock. Beneath that super-strong rocky exterior lies a heroic and lovable heart. Jonny Lantern - Armed with a special MIDI ring which allows him to do super film scores. When you find youself in danger, just call for Garth the Super Chicken! (puk, ack!), Shazvald the Viking - His principal weapon is the enchanted hammer, one of the most formidable weapons known to man or god.

Middle Left to Right: Boy Wonder Zack who is ready to assist in the fight for good music. Super Francesco - Able to leap tall orchestrations in a single bound, Andy-lastic Man - One of the world's greatest super-hero orchestrators and conductors who can easily mold and form arrangements of his choosing. Professor G, Radio-Actively Man Christopher can broadcast beams of hypnotic radio signals, AquaBrian2112 with his amazing ability to command trout, Batman Burrell heroic creature of the night who spends his time helping others.

Bottom Left to Right: The Punisher Jeff - As judge, jury, and executioner, he's a new kind of vigilante out to wage a one man war against those who have done wrong to the sample industry, Cyclops Klaren possesses the mutant ability to post to the forum from his eye, the wonderful and incomparable Joker Styxx, Brian Wolveroney is a musical mutant with a number of enhancements such as the ability to hear things other musicians cannot and his retractable knives in his forearms that allow him to give a cutting performance, Flash Haydn - The super fast demo maker, Wonder Danielle - Virtuous Amazon Queen wields the Lasso of Truth and can do almost anything, Dan the Torch - This super hero is hot! And his demos are sure to make you melt.

Re: We Need More Superheros!

Oy! This brings back memories of when my little friends decided to start calling me Power Man. (later on there really was a Power Man and he didn't look anything like me!)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

That would be cool! I don't have headshot with me now, but I'll let you know when I get one Hey can this be my action figure? I'm not sure what his super powers are, except being able to compose in his head and make people envious and want to kill him

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Sean will be MEGA-MOZART! Send that headshot in!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    That would be cool! I don't have headshot with me now, but I'll let you know when I get one Hey can this be my action figure? I'm not sure what his super powers are, except being able to compose in his head and make people envious and want to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Sean will be MEGA-MOZART! Send that headshot in!
    YAY!! I'll be going home for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks, I'll have access to a digital camera then

Other fun action figures are here as well http://www.accoutrements.com/actionfigures/index.html
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I look good in tights.

"You gotta be a man to wear tights"
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Oh wow! Gary! Do you really really mean it?

All my life I've wanted to be a SUPERHERO -- because I look so stunningly good in colored tights, of course.

Unfortunately the only headshot I have is this one, upper left on my site: www.DavidSosnowski.com

Will that do?

Unfortunately, I don't have a small head (it's about normal, actually), so I don't really have a "small head shot", like you asked for...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I really like the Edgar Allen Poe figure. Not sure if he can be considered a superhero, unless his super power was a ray gun that made people morbidly paranoid. Having a maniacal raven as a sidekick or familiar of sorts is a must. Although, "Super Edgar Allen Poe" isn't a very good commando name... I'm going to have to think about that...

Sean, that page really made me laugh. The idea of a "deluxe" Jesus is really hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Oh wow! Gary! Do you really really mean it?

All my life I've wanted to be a SUPERHERO -- because I look so stunningly good in colored tights, of course.
    A fabulous superhero you will be . Fighting for truth, justice and the musical way!

Go Back to forum