• Register
  • Help

Topic: Toy percussion...any suggestions?

Share/Bookmark

Toy percussion...any suggestions?

I'm working on a kids thing and I need some toy percussion samples. Any suggestions? Bells and whistle kind of things

Thanks

J-

Re: Toy percussion...any suggestions?

Precision Sounds had a free toy piano, I think. I Bela Media have a free toy box. I think GPO comes with some toy percussion.

jefffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I'm specifically wanting a slide whistle, and I'd love to find one of those little whistles that I use to get in gumball machines. They were round and the harder you blow the higher it goes. Anybody know what I'm talking about??? I need that kind of kid percussion. Any ideas??

Thx

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. Whaley
    I'm specifically wanting a slide whistle, and I'd love to find one of those little whistles that I use to get in gumball machines. They were round and the harder you blow the higher it goes. Anybody know what I'm talking about??? I need that kind of kid percussion. Any ideas?? Thx

ACME makes all kinds of stuff like that.

http://www.musichouseshop.com/store/Whistles.htm

I have a really lovely three-layer toy piano, a Jaymar that I sampled several years ago that is very sparkly and present. Much better than any of the freebies I've heard, but it's not a freebie. PM me if interested. I have the ACME slide whistle and siren as well, but have not ever sampled them.

Can't you buy a really sweet toy piano for about $30?? I used to have a really cool one with a two-and-a-half octave keyboard and used it live. Sounded awesome. And seriously, a slide whistle is a buck-fifty and I've seen chimps play them so technique's probably not an issue.

(Sorry, I'm REALLY not trying to be snide- I know you're probably looking for a collection of several different useful things in a studio-friendly format and it makes sense. )

actually fred, I'm just too busy to go down to the store and buy one! Maybe a tad lazy too

Go Back to forum