• Register
  • Help

Topic: Interesting Dept: Instrument Video Game Controller

Share/Bookmark

Interesting Dept: Instrument Video Game Controller

What will they think of next?

The Guitar Hero SG Controller -- what you use to play Guitar Hero, a new PlayStation 2 game.

"Strap on your Guitar Hero SG Controller, plug it in, and CRANK IT UP! The Guitar Hero SG Controller feels just like a real guitar, making it the ultimate way to jam on your PlayStation2. With the Guitar Hero SG Controller, you turn into a rock star every time you play Guitar Hero!"

"In Guitar Hero, players press the fret buttons on the Guitar Hero SG Controller in sync with scrolling "notes" on screen that indicate the rhythm of the song. Players activate these "notes" by flicking the strum bar on the Guitar Hero SG Controller."

I want a GPO-A Playstation for Christmas!!

Re: Interesting Dept: Instrument Video Game Controller

That's awesome! I can't play guitar, but that's pretty darn innovative!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Guitar Hero actualy started as an arcade game of the same nature several years ago, as part of Konami's "Bemani" series of games. This of course includes their original Beatmania game which is akin to DJing, Dance Dance Revolution which is the most famous of the bunch, Guitar Hero which has been adapated in thise case, and there's also a drumming one where you actually have a full digital kit you sit at to play. Additionally there's Para Para Paradise, which uses motion sensors to pick up motions you do with your hands/arms Wild stuff.

Now we just have to wait for the one that will connect to your head and allow you to play by sending brain signals
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Now we just have to wait for the one that will connect to your head and allow you to play by sending brain signals

Go Back to forum