• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: qlegato what do you think?

Share/Bookmark

qlegato what do you think?

So has anybody listend to the new stuff, what do you think? I dont think that counts as advertising as i did not mention any comany and am just asking an opion.

Re: qlegato what do you think?

Not impressed from what I heard.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Not impressed from what I heard.
    Kays,

I own Gold and won Gold Pro XP in the Xmas contest last year (sorry pattin' myself on the back here I really like the sound of the Qlegato. Are you using an orchestral library? As far as I know the only libabry that really has addressed legato issues ,in a big way, is VSL (of course I could be wrong)

I'm listening to the "microquartet" demo as I type and it sounds pretty darn nice. Just curious as to what your ears are hearing that mine aren't (aside from voices in my head, and the echo all those late night drum solos I used to have to do when the keyboard player was too drunk to finish the set...)

All the very best,

Darren

it sounds amazing. with qlegato, this is probably the most complete lib on the market today

qlegato is a vast improvement imo. Problem being that it does add a lot of artificiallity that I really don't hear in the VSL legato. I'm curious to find out how it passes by clients as they are the first ones usually to knock down anything that sounds "fake".

But in terms of being a vast improvement in a sample library xppro delivers.

Ars

There´s no Qlegato...the legatos still the same as the previous version , fake ones...I don´t understand how someone can say it sounds good...
    ...but the library surelly has been improved a lot in all sections!!!
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

On the whole, I think a great library just got even better!

Hopefully someone will post a comparison between VSL's legato and the same passage with QLegato.

I was also disappointed, but too much hype always tends to lead to that. I guess I will wait to hear the impressions from users and their demos before I render a complete verdict.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

I was a wee disappointed with some of the sounds I heard in some of the demos. But then again, I heard some great things. Folmann's demos were excellent. He used all of the sounds to their strengths. I think it's a mistake to orchestrate for sampled orchestra the same way one would for real orchestra. I mean, if the end goal is to achieve a completely realistic sound. There are limitations to ANY sampled library and hence one has to play up the strengths of each library. I don't like hearing fast runs on libs that don't have them built in (like the performance articulations in VSL) because string runs sound like poo poo without a legato or blending of notes. My opinion of course.

I pre-ordered Silver Pro XP so I'll be investigating these Qlegatos further. Not bowled away by them thus far though.

Quote Originally Posted by leogardini
    There´s no Qlegato...the legatos still the same as the previous version , fake ones...I don´t understand how someone can say it sounds good...
    ...but the library surelly has been improved a lot in all sections!!!

you are profoundly misinformed good sir. there are several examples of Qlegatos in the demos, some more successful than others.

Go Back to forum