• Register
  • Help

Topic: tiger/gpo/pro tools

Share/Bookmark

tiger/gpo/pro tools

I'm having a problem. Pro Tools fails to open when I have GPO in the plugin list. When I remove it PT opens and runs fine. This originally happened when the clocks went back last week. I have installed the latest cs in Pro Tools (6.9.2cs4) and the latest GPO updates to no avail. I contacted Native Instruments but they haven't replied beyond recommending those updates.

Any ideas?
    It's a dual 2.7GHz G5 running Tiger (latest version).

Re: tiger/gpo/pro tools

Quote Originally Posted by stellarsound
    I'm having a problem. Pro Tools fails to open when I have GPO in the plugin list. When I remove it PT opens and runs fine. This originally happened when the clocks went back last week. I have installed the latest cs in Pro Tools (6.9.2cs4) and the latest GPO updates to no avail. I contacted Native Instruments but they haven't replied beyond recommending those updates.
    This happened when the clocks were reset? Strange. Anyone else encounter this when DST changed?

Was there any other software introduced from when GPO was working to now? This seems to be a Player issue. Please contact NI again and tell them you installed those updates. If there is a clock bug, this needs to be identified and resolved.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    This happened when the clocks were reset? Strange. Anyone else encounter this when DST changed?

Was there any other software introduced from when GPO was working to now? This seems to be a Player issue. Please contact NI again and tell them you installed those updates. If there is a clock bug, this needs to be identified and resolved.

Gary Garritan
    hi gary,

it does indeed seem to be a clock bug. I changed the clock on my g5 to september and this solved my problem! It's obviously not the ideal work-around but at least I have gpo again.

I'll get onto NI...

Hello,

you should start the standalone of the GPO to see if there is maybe an issue with authorization. An unauthorized plug-in may lead to such problems.

If the standalone starts without issue, also start the registration tool of GPO, and see if everything is correcct there, too.

And you did not change the keyboard layout (input menu) at the same time?

Go Back to forum