• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO in feature film - DC area screening 10/29

Share/Bookmark

GPO in feature film - DC area screening 11/29

Correction -- Date is 11/29

I am very proud to announce the premier screening of Running Deep, a feature-length film by Invision Films of Washington DC. I was hired to write the soundtrack for this work, and used GPO for about 90% of the sounds. The producers have agreed to include a prominent mention of the Garritan Personal Orchestra library in the closing credits.

Invision have booked the Avalon theater in Bethesda MD (near the DC line) for November 29th, Tuesday at 7:30 PM. It is a 428 seat theatre, and are working hard to get it filled.

I would be delighted if anyone from this community could come. If you are anywhere in the area, please consider coming to support a fellow composer, take in a good film, and maybe get a chance to meet some people in the industry. Please let me know if you are interested in attending. From what I understand it will be free admission and by invitation only, but I'm not sure if I have the final information on that.

STORY: Running Deep is about a man's struggle to overcome the memory of his beloved wife and reconnect with his two grown sons. The many loving memories he has are mixed with deep feelings of guilt over his infidelity as a husband and absence as a father. He attempts to face their issues, and in so doing tragedy occurs. With his family disintegrating and with all the inner demons he faces, he must ask himself what reason there is to go on. How can one son ever fill the void of another?
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: GPO in feature film - DC area screening 10/29

Jamie,

Absolutely fantastic. I offer my most sincere congratulations. DC isn't that far from Ohio, but I have a conflict with the 29th. Darn it!!! Oh well.

Any chance that we might get to hear a bit of the score?

I am really enjoying all of the film scores that are being written with GPO. I bought GPO especially for that purpose. If you haven't heard it yet, check out David Maddux's score for his Creature Film.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=39301

Once again, congratulations. I hope it helps you to realize your dream of making a living at composing.

Talk with you soon,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Jamie,

Congratulations to you and to Gary! But do you mean 10/29, or 11/29? 10/29 having already come and gone...Or is it 10/29 '06?

Don't know if I can make it (don't know if I can travel back in time ), but I don't live too far from DC.

Good luck!

R. Pearl

I live nearby the Avalon and might be able to attend.
    Bosco Adama

Congratulations on your commission
    Would the producer let you post a short demo here?

Re: GPO in feature film - DC area screening 11/29

Thanks for the support.

Yes, The title was incorrect, being that I meant 11/29, of course. Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, I can't edit the title, so I hope people click in anyway!

I have posted a couple of early versions of a few sections of the film to this forum some time ago, but I should really gather a few in one place, and get some updated files going. I'll do that soon. And the producer has allowed me to post a couple of mp4 files, so I'll do that soon.

I've been asked to let them know by the 20th how many are coming by my invite, so anyone who shows interest here I'll contact a little later via PM for a final RSVP, or you can write me a PM to confirm.

Might be fun to have a little GPO contingency there!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Congrats on the movie score! I wish I could see it, but DC is a bit of a walk from Austin, TX
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Congrats a whole lot!!!

I hope you guys get rave reviews!!!

To make it after work from NYC, doesn't seem possible. But I hope there might be some other way to see it. Maybe a DVD in the coming months?

Great to hear about one of us getting a cool gig!

I hope it was a rewarding experience for you.

Congratulations!

I'm at the George Mason campus, so normally I'd be able to take the metro up to Bethesda area I think. Unfortunately 7:30 on Tuesday is a bad time for me, as I will have just gotten out of class. Oh well.

Again, congratulations, and best of luck at the premier!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum