• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Percussion in GPOA

Share/Bookmark

Percussion in GPOA

Hi,

I'm currently looking for an affordable percussion library. Any hints what will come with GPOA? Maybe some of the good Project SAM stuff like the brass?

Regards

Re: Percussion in GPOA

I am interested in this as well because I am having trouble finding a way to integrate more modern percussion sounds with Finale 2006.

I am sure that toms, roto-toms, and more auxilliary percussion will be included in GPOA, but the wait is becoming painful because I am working on several pieces in school that need more modern percussion. Anyone have a suggestion of a percussion package that is not ludicrously over-priced? And please... oh please no damn loops. lol
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

London Orchestral Percussion by Big Fish Audio

or

Virtual Drumline by Tapspace

IMHO "LOP" falls exactely into the cathegory "overpriced", since it is quite old....

But thank you a LOT for the hint about "Virtual Drumline"!!! My dear, that 2nd version sounds amazing, and it is affordable!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Just checking out the Virtual Drumline 2 demos, sounds pretty nice

Now I only need to figure out 2 things:

1) Who sells this library in Austria, and for which price. The belgian dealer (Muremo.be) has a really embarrassing website with nearly no content or information.

[Update:] I emailed them and had an answer within 1 hour. On a Sunday evening! I take back everything! Those guys are good! BTW: The price including shipping (from Belgium to Austria) is 100 Euros. Maybe that is helpful for the other europeans here.

2) Where to get the money for it.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
    Just checking out the Virtual Drumline 2 demos, sounds pretty nice

Unfortunately for me, this is a sample line of marching band percussion, still not including toms, roto-toms, anvil, etc.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Has someone tried the Doru Malaia's 230 Ethnic Drums & Percussions? It's recorded at 24bit/96 kHz, and has an extensive instrument list. They are one shot samples in .wav format. I have only heard some of them, which are free to download. The DVD is only 30 euro (about 37,5 dollars). I want to buy it, but the web page is down (http://www.dorumalaia.com). I suppose it's not the best, but... it's REALLY cheap.

I own another DVD from Doru Malaia (Super Percussions FX), and it sounds good for the price.

Smile Re: Percussion in GPOA

Jess!

It does include Concert Toms and Roto Toms, no Anvil though...but a Flexatone :-)

Have you seen this page?

http://www.tapspace.com/vdl2/instruments.html

/Mats

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram
    Jess!

It does include Concert Toms and Roto Toms, no Anvil though...but a Flexatone :-)

Have you seen this page?

http://www.tapspace.com/vdl2/instruments.html

/Mats
    And while there is no anvil, there are brake drums.

Go Back to forum