• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ANNOUNCING: POCKET ORCHESTRA Bundled with Cakewalk Dimension Pro (Demo too)

Share/Bookmark

ANNOUNCING: POCKET ORCHESTRA Bundled with Cakewalk Dimension Pro (Demo too)

We are pleased to announce that "Garritan Pocket Orchestra" will be bundled with Cakewalk's new "DimensionPro". This new product has just begun shipping and is the first library for Dimension Pro. .

Dimension Pro is an ingenious audio engine that combines sampling with advanced synthesis capabilities, giving you a wide array of sound possibilities. It works on the Mac and Windows platform and is compatible with hosts that support DirectX, VST, or Audio Units.

Here is a short demo of the Pocket Orchestra composed and realized by René G. Ceballos:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Dimension-GPO.mp3

A full edition of GPO is being developed. For more information about Dimension Pro visit the Cakewalk website. http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Dim...ro/default.asp

Gary Garritan

Re: ANNOUNCING: GPO Bundled with Cakewalk Dimension Pro (Demo too)

I'm delighted to see that Garritan's Pocket Rocket Orchestry is 'homing' in on some other interesting targets Congratulations!

Although I have been a Cubase user since before Cubase (Pro16/24) I have thought, in the last couple of weeks that I might migrate to Sonar when I get going again (if I ever do!) The 'Producer' version 5 really does have some great software. Especially the Roland linked stuff like Roland® V-Vocal™ VariPhrase technology.....apparently very much like Celemony but sometimes better AND affordable.......Steinberg better wake up....Cakewalk crept past them in the night.....

Simple but gorgeous demo by the way; for us old romantics at least. There were no credits so I assume it's yours?....remembering the anonymous demos which kicked of GPO......Two years ago.....I bet you launch your new stuff on the second anniversary of the GPO launch.....or has that already gone?

Frank

Wow, Congratulations Gary. This thing really cool. Maybe I'll have to try to get my hands on it. I'm gonna have to find a way to convince Laura that I need it though!

Maybe not!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Nice... I have the version of Dimension that came with Project 5 v2, and it's pretty awesome. I haven't even BEGUN to delve into the features, I've mostly just used the stock patches, and they're really quite good. It's a great workstation synth, and it appears to have an amazing and deep feature set. I will definitely have to look into the GPO/Dimension bundle.

Does this package include all of the programming nuances of the GPO patches, or are they more like stock presets?

chris.

A very interesting development.

I've wondered how Dimension would evolve and trust your judgment on these matters.

Best wishes

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    I will definitely have to look into the GPO/Dimension bundle.

Does this package include all of the programming nuances of the GPO patches, or are they more like stock presets?
    Yes Chris, the package does include many of the GPO programming conventions.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    I bet you launch your new stuff on the second anniversary of the GPO launch.....or has that already gone?
    Not quite gone yet. Next week will mark the two year anniversary. Party Time

Gary Garritan

Re: ANNOUNCING: POCKET ORCHESTRA Bundled with Cakewalk Dimension Pro (Demo too)

Why the word "Pocket"? Is it smaller than GPO? If so, how small is it?

More info on Dimension Pro

7 GB Library

Dimension’s library includes tons of thumping bass, grand piano, searing electric guitar, kickin’ drum kits, a full orchestral suite, instruments from around the world, and more. The library also explores the worlds of techno, trance and electronica, providing a comprehensive collection of synth leads, electronic basses, lush pads and gripping atmospheres.

Garritan Pocket Orchestra

Cakewalk and Garritan have joined together to offer sound programs based on the critically-acclaimed Garritan Personal Orchestra. The Garritan Pocket Orchestra, included in Dimension Pro, contains samples of all the major instruments in a symphony orchestra—strings, brass, woodwinds, and percussion. You can hear an example of Dimension Pro’s Garritan Pocket Orchestra in the Dimension web player’s “Dimension Songs” category.

Electronica Collection

Nico Herz of BigTone helped to create Dimension Pro’s a breathtaking electronica palette. His experience and mastery have yielded an exciting array synth basses, bold leads, thick stacks, pads, simulations and amazing effects. You can listen to some of his examples in the Dimension web player’s “Arps”, “Synth Basses”, “Leads” and “Pads” categories.

Dimension Pro Library

Hundreds of sound programs are included in the following Dimension Pro sound banks:

*Dimensions (atmospheres)
    *Pads
    *Real Basses
    *Synth Basses
    *Drums
    *Percussion
    *Strings
    *Guitars
    *Organs
    *Electric Pianos
    *Bells
    *Leads