• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: RMX Xpanders - news on new ones?

Share/Bookmark

RMX Xpanders - news on new ones?

I'm not very caught up with the news. Now that the update is out, what happened to the new xpanders coming out? When is Ethno Techno xpander for rmx coming out? Are there any others coming out?

Cheers

Re: RMX Xpanders - news on new ones?

Forgive me if I sound skeptical, as I'm a HUGE fan and owner of RMX as well as a few other Xpanders, but I've heard so much about this Ethno Techno ... and I listened to the demos but .. i'm just wondering .. what's so great about it that everyone can't wait for it's arrival? Is it one of those 'the demo doens't do it just' type selections?

Hi, I have Ethno Techno (the 'old' Groove Control version, imported with the SAGE converter).

It is different from the other libraries, because it adds a lot of percussion grooves. Most of them are organized in suites with grooves that consists of separated 'one instrument only' loops, so that you can build up your personal grooves very nicely. Overall, the sound is much more on the Ethno than on the Techno side of things (I think the 'techno' should indicate that it is ethnic stuff with an 'edge'), but it's great for people that are interested in an ethnic touch to their music, world music and an 'exotic' percussion sound. Oh, and it grooves as hell...

Soundwise, it has the same great sound qualities as the Spectrasonics stuff (same producer).

as above..... agreed completely

The ILIO RMX Xpanders will be out in early 2006. We'll have additional news on ILIO's website starting Monday. http://www.ilio.com

-Mark

Here's the response I got from ILIO about the Ethno Techno Xpander which I'm wanting too.

Hi Nathan,

Due to production delays, Ethno Techno SAGE Expander will not be ready until Spring 2006. However, if you wish to purchase the Akai version, which will import into Stylus RMX SAGE converter, you can get it for the same price as the Expander for $99.00. We can off this to you as a conventience until December 15, 2005.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Todd Lampe
    ILIO Support

Toll free: 800-747-4546
    tel: 818-707-7222
    fax: 818-707-8552
    http://www.ilio.com

Well I have the ethno techno akai version, and it's really cool. But I'm wanting the new sage converter so I can import it. I hate going through all the .mid files. I'm so use to RMX now I can never go back.

Eric, I hate genius that makes our former way of life impossible. . . thanks alot

J-

Forgive my last post. I've been out of pocket for a couple months and just getting back. I didn't realize the new sage converter is in the update with the new RMX. Oh updating here I go!!!

J-

I don't see any news on the ilio website, am I missing something? What's the news?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Whaley
    Well I have the ethno techno akai version, and it's really cool. But I'm wanting the new sage converter so I can import it. I hate going through all the .mid files. I'm so use to RMX now I can never go back.
    Hmm....okay, your post here literally put the brakes on my purchasing the Ethno Techno AKAI version. I already have the newest version of RMX 1.5, and I know that it already comes with a converter...but I have not even used the converter yet.

So what's this talk about "going through all the .mid files" about???

Are you saying that if I buy the AKAI version of Ethno Techno, that there is some tedious process to using RMX's converter??? I guess I need to re-watch the included video tutorial about using the converter, but are you possibly referring to a previous and older version of RMX and converter?

UPDATE: Okay, I just noticed your second post, so I guess you were actuaklly talking about an older version of RMX and such. So fill me in, how did the older versions of converting take place?

Go Back to forum