• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Orchestration Challenge V

Share/Bookmark

Orchestration Challenge V

Mika, winner of the Orchestration Challenge IV, has just sent me the new theme!

Here's the Midi file : http://wizardwalk.com/OrchestrationC...ChallengeV.mid

What a melody! The Orchestration Challenges Archive has been updated with this theme. Also, a summary of the rules that have evolved is listed there (though they are open for debate if anyone has ideas on how to make the challenges better). The archive is here : http://wizardwalk.com/OrchestrationChallenges

There were 7 entries last round! Will there be more this round?

Since Mika does not have the webspace, I will be collecting the entries. Just email them on over to sean@wizardwalk.com

Lastly, we need to decide on a deadline for this round . . . I know it can get busy as we approach the holiday season, should we extend the deadline or keep it at around four weeks?

Many thanks to Mika for the new theme!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Orchestration Challenge V

WooHoo!

I was looking for a project to do tomorrow - I am on holiday this week, and have done all my housework duties!

Let's get cracking!

As for timescale, how about entries in by December 11th, and two weeks for voting with the winner being announced on December 25th?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    As for timescale, how about entries in by 11/12/05
    November 12th is a little soon . . . oh wait, that's December 11th in its backwards European version
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    November 12th is a little soon . . . oh wait, that's December 11th in its backwards European version
    Now that we have that "date format" thing straightened out I'll second December 11 as the "turn-in" date.

I was planning on sitting this one out and using the time to better learn Sonar, but this theme is intriguing...so I'm probably "in".

...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
    ;-)

ps - the Christmas CD is over with...so some of you who "sat out" last time around for that reason should consider entering this time...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

I'm ready this time! It's ON!

Good catch Sean, I've edited my post to avoid confusion.

BTW this one really is a challenge !
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Let's use a date format that will avoid all confusion once and for all . . . the due date will be Stardate -318945.2
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

No luck Sean - there seems to be no concensus at all on how to calculate Stardates.

Every site that purports to have a Stardate calculator throws up different answers.
    Richard N.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Every site that purports to have a Stardate calculator throws up different answers.
    You're right! I just tried it . . . oh well
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    You're right! I just tried it . . . oh well
    That's because there is no agreed formula for calculating ST Stardates, and it is different between different Star Treks (TOS, TNG, VGR)!

Here's a nice OT link that explains it all rather amusingly:
    http://starchive.cs.umanitoba.ca/?stardates/part1

By the way good luck everyone with OC 5G.

Go Back to forum