• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Any realistic saxaphones library to recommend?

Share/Bookmark

Any realistic saxaphones library to recommend?

Hi,

I own QLBrass and found certain instruments are still lacking depth. I'm particularly looking for some great sax solos.

I've checked out VLS's Saxaphones (horizon series) demo mp3 and also Garritan's Jazz Big Band and they all seemed to be very good. For Saxlab it still sounds fake at certain points so I was wondering what's your view on this?

Budget is not really a problem, can afford around $350, so any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Re: Any realistic saxaphones library to recommend?

theres also chris Heins horn Library

http://www.chrishein.net/

just listened to VSL saxes...get em!

Garritan has some really good sounding natural saxes. Chris Hein has a library coming out, but it at times sounds unnatural. I've seen him talking on other forums and he seems to be into the idea of extending the capabilities of the natural instruments by sampling and synthetic manipulation. The result is an amazingly flexible instrument, but also a tad too unrealistic. But we shall see.

I fooled around with Liquid Sax and it is pretty amazing. At first I was turned off by the phrase nature of the library, but it's so flexible that within no time you can have a really live sounding original tune. Every pitch and every note length is changable and you can completely rework the phrases into something unique and original without much difficulty.

Ars

There's also Yellow Tools' Candy, and Arturia's Brass.

Candy is good, but very "clean", which in some contexts means "less realistic". It's pretty good in an arrangement though. I think the only one which would stand up to exposure in a solo context would be Liquid Saxaphone, which of course means you're restricted to whatever stylistic areas come with it. It's excellent, but it ain't rock&roll. So take your pick.

Sax & Guitar are two areas where it's so much beter to get a player in if you have a project which deserves it.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by vegas
    theres also chris Heins horn Library

http://www.chrishein.net/

just listened to VSL saxes...get em!

Man, the chris Hein is seriously GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    Man, the chris Hein is seriously GOOD!
    Ditto! Very Impressive!

if you have a wind controller listen to the patchmen music demos, it is phsical modeling, no samples Jeff

Thank you so much guys, really appreciated it.

Didn't know about Chris Hein and all the while I was ignoring Liquid Sax for the same reasons some of you felt.

Now will look at each recommendations and decide!

Thanks again!

Peter

I know this is gonna sound strange, but I'm looking for a full "classical" saxophone section. (I warned you)

Does one exist? Thus far most are either geared for jazz (which has a VERY distinct color which I fear will not blend with an orchestra) or they are lacking instruments (see VSL: only tenor and sop). I guess candy comes the closest, but doesnt sound as real as I would have hoped.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Go Back to forum