• Register
  • Help

Topic: DP 4.12, 10.3.9 and Atmosphere install problem

Share/Bookmark

Question DP 4.12, 10.3.9 and Atmosphere install problem

Hi guys,

I just bought Atmosphere and can't get it to work... a search here was of no help.

The problem in short: on start up DP gets to the validation window, examines Atmosphere fine but gets stuck right at the beginning on the "initialize" in the same pop up window. The bar starts but halts pretty much right after the start. I can click on "skip for now", but then Atmosphere doesn't appear in DP.

Things I have tried/ done:

I have installed Atmosphere with the Disc joiner Application - worked fine.
    I have updated the AU with the 1.2.4 Updater - seemed to have worked fine.
    I have made sure that the .dat file is in the Components folder (Global, not in "user/..."
    I have made sure that the "Atmosphere AU.component" is in that same folder.
    I have moved the .dat file to a different location and put an Alias in the Component folder - no difference.
    I have verifyed/ repaired disk permissions first from Onyx - no difference.
    I have verifyed/ repaired disk permissions from the start up cd 3 times - no difference.
    I have kicked my computer.
    I am now in the process of reinstalling Atmosphere

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

PS: System info: OS 10.3.9, DP 4.12, Dual 533, 1.5 Gig RAM

Re: DP 4.12, 10.3.9 and Atmosphere install problem

Arrgh... reinstalling didn't help... any tips anyone?

Another update: Hmmm... I just downloaded the VSTWrapper demo and tried with that... had to move an Alias of the .dat file to the VST folder but then it worked...??

I'd rather not have to spend 70 EUR on that just to get Atmosphere to work, though.

Thumbs up Re: DP 4.12, 10.3.9 and Atmosphere install problem

Another Update: I got it to work as an AU!! YAY!

Strangely (or maybe it was obvious) as soon as I authorized with the challenge and response code, DP didn't get stuck anymore... (?)
    I wish that would have been the first thing I'd done.. sigh...

I have now moved the .dat to a different location, removed the wrapper and am a happy camper!

What I have found with Spectrasonics products, and perhaps others, but these are the ones that have always worked like this:

After installation, I boot Digital Performer - the OS starts its AU verification, the window is on top and seems to get stuck. Eventually I get tired of waiting (several minutes with no motion from the thermometer bar). If I click 'Skip for now', the lauch completes, without the new app.

But UNDERNEATH, hidden by the window, is the challenge/response window so you can register. It is invisible behind the AU testing window until that window is moved.

Glad you got it working.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum