• Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Choose your own Justice!

Share/Bookmark

Choose your own Justice!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/....ap/index.html

Delay gets to choose his judge and possibly his own town to hear his case. Hell, why not choose his own jury?
    I'm sure the next time I go to court, I can choose a different judge because he is a republican.
    The law means nothing gang! Let the loot and pillage begin!

If any sovereign is above the law, then no sovereign is bound by the law.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Choose your own Justice!

Yeah Delay will probably just buy his way out of trouble with your tax dollars.

Hell they all know they're guilty but they just throw more money at it till it goes away.

Cheers,
    JS

Brian,

Where in the article does it say that Delay gets to choose the jury? An judge ruled that the first judge did not retain the appearance of impartiality...big deal.

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

...and I don't like Delay, either. I hope he gets a fair trial and gets whatever he is due.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/....ap/index.html

Delay gets to choose his judge and possibly his own town to hear his case. Hell, why not choose his own jury?
    I'm sure the next time I go to court, I can choose a different judge because he is a republican.
    The law means nothing gang! Let the loot and pillage begin!

If any sovereign is above the law, then no sovereign is bound by the law.

It's not just Delay who gets to do that. Anybody has the right to request this.

I just don't get this idea that keeps circulating around here that somehow republicans, rich people, etc..etc..are not entitled to the same rights under law that other people are.

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    It's not just Delay who gets to do that. Anybody has the right to request this.
    Yup anyone can request it…usually denied.
    I just don't get this idea that keeps circulating around here that somehow republicans, rich people, etc..etc..are not entitled to the same rights under law that other people are.
    The rich are entitled to the same rights as everyone one else…but not more. The fact is, freedom and justice in this country is based on how much money you have. If I can afford a giant legal team with loads of prominent attorneys, chances are, I am going to win the case. Someone with a court appointed attorney is NOT going to get equal justice. If you can afford a car, you can get out of New Orleans – if not, you may die or live in the Supertoilet for 2 weeks.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Yup anyone can request it…usually denied.
    It is usually denied because it is usually a legal maneuvering and/or courtroom stunt. When it is not denied...as in this case...it was agreed to by an independent review judge because the argument for the original judge's removal had merit with evidence to support.

It does not cost a lot for anyone to make a sensible argument that an outspoken democratic judge who has made major financial contributions to the individuals on the prosecuter side of this case be removed for the impression of bias. Especially in a case that is so politically driven to begin with.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

He shouldn't have been prosecuted for running a corrupt campaign, should he. Afer all, Democrats conspire and money-launder all the time. The least we can do is get him a nice Republican judge.

While we're at it, let's appoint conservative ~~~~s to the Supreme Court. Unlike those liberal activist judges, they're not biased, they just rule on the law.

Nick's starting to see the light.

I'm proud of you dude.

Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

hahaha. The great legal minds at work here.

Even a public defender has the capability to request a different judge. And it doesn't take a high powered lawyer to understand when that might be appropriate. Another judge, takes up the request and decides if it's warranted or not on the basis of what the case it about..and what exactly the conflict of interest or commonality might be. It's not just something you ask for and get. It has to be reviewed by another judge who decideds whether it should be granted or not.

In this case I think it would be difficult, since there are only two parties and most upper middle-class people (such as judges) contribute to one of them.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast