• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Unhappy HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    Anybody knows why the wonderful database still exist but the linked files are no longer available?

    I hope it's a temporary failure, and not the beginning of the site end, after years of unvaluable support to classical music education and hobby.
    (the site is frozen since the august of 2002, but was working fine anyway, even recently)

  2. #2

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    Hi, Fabio.

    I was able to navigate the site without difficulty. It was probably just temporary server or Internet routing problems.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com


  3. #3

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    You can get to the site alright, but ... Fabio is right, the MIDI files are gone.

    Looks like they are gonna change it to a commercial site.

  4. #4

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    All the midi files I've tried loading seem to work fine ... Maybe it was just a temporary failure, does it work now?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  5. #5

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    No. Each time I try, I end up here: http://www.cdbm.com/

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    656

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    If it's the site

    http://www.classicalmidiconnection.com

    It works, but they haven't allowed downloads for a long time now...

  7. #7

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    It works, but they haven't allowed downloads for a long time now...
    Wonder what's going on...I just now made several downloads using Opera without any problems.
    ;-0

    Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    656

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    WEll, southport, that's good to know... Maybe, it's a browser issue... But everytime I try to right click and download, it would just give an html link to download, not a midi file....

  9. #9

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    WEll, southport, that's good to know... Maybe, it's a browser issue... But everytime I try to right click and download, it would just give an html link to download, not a midi file....
    I think you nailed it, it's a browser problem. From the address of the midi files ("x.cgi") perhaps they are using some sort of cgi code that certain browsers mess up when using right click/save as. In IE I get the html as you did, but when I do the same in Firefox it works fine.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  10. #10

    Re: HELP: CLASSICALMIDICONNECTION IS DOWN!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I think you nailed it, it's a browser problem. From the address of the midi files ("x.cgi") perhaps they are using some sort of cgi code that certain browsers mess up when using right click/save as. In IE I get the html as you did, but when I do the same in Firefox it works fine.
    Bingo!

    I just tried in IE and got the html, also (but things are still working in Opera). So give it a shot with Opera or FireFox.
    ;-)

    Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •