Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Plugin for Sibelius

Share/Bookmark

GPO Plugin for Sibelius

Sibelius users have a look

Re: GPO Plugin for Sibelius

Quote Originally Posted by dbudde
    Sibelius users have a look
    This looks great! Can't wait to give it a try - thanks!

R. Pearl

Ditto to Ron. Thanks budde!

Welcome. Let me know how it works out for you.

Hi. I just wondered if this plug-in will work in Sibelius 3 or if it works only in 4.

I'd love to use this. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

I don't have Sibelius 3 but am not aware of anything in the plugin that would preclude it from working. Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dbudde
    I don't have Sibelius 3 but am not aware of anything in the plugin that would preclude it from working. Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems.
    So what if you already own GPO? It sounds like it's basically a plug-in - shouldn't we be able to just buy the plug-in and use our existing GPO?

I will cross my fingers that they will add real-time midi editing of things like volume sweeps (vs. merely interpreting symbols in the score) a la Overture in the near future:-)..
    - robjohn

So what if you already own GPO? It sounds like it's basically a plug-in - shouldn't we be able to just buy the plug-in and use our existing GPO?

I will cross my fingers that they will add real-time midi editing of things like volume sweeps (vs. merely interpreting symbols in the score) a la Overture in the near future:-)..
    - robjohn

Anyone know where I can get the Windows version of this download?

MsP

It's not a plug-in in the sense that you can use your regular GPO with it. It is a special version of GPO to be used with Sibelius 4 (not 3), similar to the Finale 2006 version. The Sibelius site has some stuff about it, including claims that it will play back midi controls from symbols such as smooth cresc./decresc., but it hasn't been released yet so who knows for sure. It can be used in conjunction with Kontakt Silver or Gold that currently are part of Sibelius' playback options (as they contain guitars and vocals and other instruments that GPO doesn't).

Go Back to forum