• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO crashing Pro Tools

Share/Bookmark

GPO crashing Pro Tools

Hi,

I have a problem:

For reasons unknown GPO seems to be crashing Pro Tools (shows up in the crash log). I basically can't open Pro Tools at all, but when I remove GPO from the plug-in folder it loads up fine. This happened this morning on both my computers, one G5 running Tiger and Pro Tools 6.9.2, one G4 powerbook running Panther and Pro Tools 6.4.

It's wierd that it happened at the same time on both systems, I checked the hardware by pluging in an mbox instead of my 002Rack, but that doesn't seem to do anything, it's as if my GPO expired at midnight!
    I have the last update of Kontact player installed.

In terms of what was happening, last night I was working on the G5 (dual 2.7GHz, 2.5G ram) using GPO and I installed some Waves plugins. The system worked like clockwork until I left, this morning GPO is crashing everything. I hadn't used the laptop yesterday at all so I can't figure it out.

Any ideas? I have a very important job on wednesday so I NEEEED my gpo back....

Re: GPO crashing Pro Tools

stellarsound,

This is strange. Daylight savings time ends and things go awry. It seems to have been working and what's different was the installation of the Waves plugins.

It's hard to know without all the details what's going on. Have your tried calling Native Instruments? You can reach them at register@native-instruments.com or go to this link:
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?regsupp_us

Native Instruments usally has support and usually a return time of a day of less during business days. You can also call 323-467-2693 in the US or +49-3061103520 in the EU.

If that doesn't work please contact me by PM or email and we'll do our best to get you back running smoothly.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by stellarsound
    Hi,

I have a problem:

For reasons unknown GPO seems to be crashing Pro Tools (shows up in the crash log). I basically can't open Pro Tools at all, but when I remove GPO from the plug-in folder it loads up fine. This happened this morning on both my computers, one G5 running Tiger and Pro Tools 6.9.2, one G4 powerbook running Panther and Pro Tools 6.4.

It's wierd that it happened at the same time on both systems, I checked the hardware by pluging in an mbox instead of my 002Rack, but that doesn't seem to do anything, it's as if my GPO expired at midnight!
    I have the last update of Kontact player installed.

In terms of what was happening, last night I was working on the G5 (dual 2.7GHz, 2.5G ram) using GPO and I installed some Waves plugins. The system worked like clockwork until I left, this morning GPO is crashing everything. I hadn't used the laptop yesterday at all so I can't figure it out.

Any ideas? I have a very important job on wednesday so I NEEEED my gpo back....

Go Back to forum