• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WAV or MP3 from Finale

Share/Bookmark

WAV or MP3 from Finale

This is probably known by everyone but me. I heard that it was possible to make a wav file from Finale 2006. The file choices are plenteous but I don't see wav. How do people make demos in wav or mp3 format? Most of you seem to know how to do this as evidenced by your wonderful demos.

Re: WAV or MP3 from Finale

p.s. I have saved a file from finale as a midi file and have imported it into cubasis. I have set up cubasis to play gpo instruments and it sounds great. Now, how do i make a wav or mp3 from cubasis?

Currently you cannot save GPO audio from Finale 2006.

Finale have confirmed that this is the focus of an immenent free update.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

If you loaded GPO as VSTi plugin (in Cubasis), click "Export Audio" in the Master mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Currently you cannot save GPO audio from Finale 2006.

Finale have confirmed that this is the focus of an immenent free update.
    Is it possible from cubasis?

Quote Originally Posted by docdestructo62
    Is it possible from cubasis?
    I've figured out how to record my children singing from cubasis but i can't figure out how to record the song playing. I have a yamaha usb audio interface that will allow me to track down. would that work?

No idea. I always use GPO the way it's intended in a sequencer: as a VST plugin. And in that case, "Export audio" "records" the song.

If you're using the VST version of GPO within Cubasis, then all you have to do is open the mixer panel, and on the right side you'll see a button that says export audio. Just make sure that you have set you beginning and ending markers in track view to encompass the entire song. Otherwise, you'll only record the portion between the markers, or if your ending marker is too far beyond the end of the song you'll get lots of recorded silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    No idea. I always use GPO the way it's intended in a sequencer: as a VST plugin. And in that case, "Export audio" "records" the song.
    Thanks so much! I tried export audio in cubasis and it created a wav file that sounded wonderful. It did chop off the beginning and the end of the song. Does anybody know how to fix that?

Follow loogoo's advice about the markers.

Go Back to forum