• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recording mod wheel data in Logic

Share/Bookmark

Recording mod wheel data in Logic

Hi folks-

I'm using Logic Express and want to manipulate mod wheel data to a track thats already recorded. Essentially, I'd like to do the mod data in real time. I can't figure out how, or even if this can be done in Logic. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Recording mod wheel data in Logic

Sure You can! If you have a midi keyboard, just record on the track moving the mod wheel.

Or you can draw the curve: Menu "Windows" -> Hyper Edit, select "Modulation".

If mod wheel data is already present, first delete it in the Hyper Edit Window.

Matt

GPO - Jazz and Big Band - Logic Pro 7.2
    iMac G5 - 20" 2GHz - 2Gb RAM - MacOs X.4.11 Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by MacMatt
    Sure You can! If you have a midi keyboard, just record on the track moving the mod wheel.

Or you can draw the curve: Menu "Windows" -> Hyper Edit, select "Modulation".

If mod wheel data is already present, first delete it in the Hyper Edit Window.

Matt

Thanks Matt. Is the .jpg you attached there with the mod wheel data new in 7.1? I'm still on 7.0.1 and my matrix editor dosen't show me such pretty data!

Quote Originally Posted by ewoh24
    Thanks Matt. Is the .jpg you attached there with the mod wheel data new in 7.1? I'm still on 7.0.1 and my matrix editor dosen't show me such pretty data!
    Yes, it's 7.1. Do you mean it isn't available in the old version?

How do you post a picture? (On a Mac?)

hyper edit window. Not matrix window. Different beast. I don't go there often myself, but some say a treasure trove of tricks available with it. Tho recording the modwheel data is pretty easy and then you can view it in the matrix as well. Are you hip to the "capture last take" feature in key commands?. Invaluable for capturing midi data as you play through. Once you get a take the way you like, stop and hit your custom key command to capture... as long as it's before logic recycles back to the beginning of the track. Captures all midi info that way.

good luck

christianb

Quote Originally Posted by ewoh24
    How do you post a picture? (On a Mac?)
    go to your Mac HD and do a search for... grab

In the Apple menu bar (top of the screen) will be a few things, one of which is "capture". Click on this. There are four different ways to "capture" a screenshot. Once you have the pic on your desktop, save it as a jpg with photoshop or some other software because it is a TIFF. Then you can upload the jpg to webspace like www.mydocsonline.com and then you can copy the URL for this pic and post it on Northern Sounds.
    Look for the icon in the Mac HD that looks like this... I make an alias of the program and keep it on my desktop.

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    go to your Mac HD and do a search for... grab

In the Apple menu bar (top of the screen) will be a few things, one of which is "capture". Click on this. There are four different ways to "capture" a screenshot. Once you have the pic on your desktop, save it as a jpg with photoshop or some other software because it is a TIFF. Then you can upload the jpg to webspace like www.mydocsonline.com and then you can copy the URL for this pic and post it on Northern Sounds.
    Look for the icon in the Mac HD that looks like this... I make an alias of the program and keep it on my desktop.

dpDan
    Ahh! So that's what's up. You need a seperate domain to link to. Gotcha.

Anyways, what I was trying to illustrate has been cleared up anyway. Yes, 7.0.1 has the same capability...as long as youre in the right menu!

Thanks for all your help folks. Here's a link to the piece I've been working on pre-final touches. I'll post the final product when it's done.

http://homepage.mac.com/ewoh24/Music...Theater60.html

So, It's all right!

Screen shots in MacOs X easier:
    "Mac OS X comes with built-in capability for capturing screen shots. To capture the entire screen, you can simply press Command-Shift-3. To capture a region of the screen, press Command-Shift-4, then click and drag the cursor to mark the area you want to capture. When you lift your finger from the mouse button, Mac OS X will record that real estate and place a file on your desktop."

Quote Originally Posted by MacMatt
    So, It's all right!

Screen shots in MacOs X easier:
    "Mac OS X comes with built-in capability for capturing screen shots. To capture the entire screen, you can simply press Command-Shift-3. To capture a region of the screen, press Command-Shift-4, then click and drag the cursor to mark the area you want to capture. When you lift your finger from the mouse button, Mac OS X will record that real estate and place a file on your desktop."

Ja man! It's all good.

Curious if you listened to my piece and have any feedback on how to get it sounding more authentic?

Scott

Go Back to forum