• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Stylus RMX....WTF???

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX....WTF???

Ok....so here's the deal....I was over at a friend's telling him how I really needed to get something like Stormdrum for those huge movie trailer hits....and he then provides to show me the Stylus RMX Sound Menus and the Cinematic sets......and I'm thinking Stylus RMX....WTF???

I've been using this awesome product for the past 6 months and I didn't even know about the Sound Menus. I am blown away by how great those sounds are....and Eric, you just saved me $400!!!

So to thank you I just ordered Trilogy....I was needing a decent bass library (believe it or not I'm still using Bass Legends), the way I figure is that if it's even a tenth as good for basses as Stylus RMX is for drums, it's worth every penny!

I have to tell you that Stylus RMX is the best music product I've bought in a long time, it keeps amazing me and I know that after 6 months I'm still only scratching the surface. You guys have come up with a revolutionary product that has become the center of my drums and percussion library. It's only seldom that someone nails so many things right, you and your team have done it!

Thanks again for blowing my mind....don't be surprised if I give you a hug the next time I see you at LANS!

Everyone else....sorry for posting yet another congratulatory message about Stylus, but at least this time I know Pat won't mind!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Stylus RMX....WTF???

Cool!

Yeah, that's exactly why I mentioned that section so strongly in the 1.5 Tour video. We discovered that only a small percentage of our users even realized that there are 10,000 ADDITIONAL sounds in the sound menus section of Stylus RMX and there's a huge amount of interesting stuff in there.

There's a whole aspect of using RMX just as a sound module with the Sound Menus and Kits, that people seem to miss because they have so much fun with the Groove side of it.

Have a good time with Trilogy! Thanks for the kind words too. :-)

spectrum

The thing about Stylus RMX is that it's so intuitive I just started using it without even reading any instruction or watching the videos. I picked it up right in the middle of a project and I still haven't had a chance to sit down and learn the cool stuff about it.

I would love to see you do a live presentation/tutorial session around here (perhaps at AudioMidi's place)....any chance of that?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Talking Re: Stylus RMX....WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Everyone else....sorry for posting yet another congratulatory message about Stylus, but at least this time I know Pat won't mind!
    You have my blessing!!!! This program is so deep, that individuals could actually specialize as RMX percussion technicians.

Most people will become familiarized with about 15% of this instrument's capabilities and be viewed as genious caliber operators. So be it!

Few Instruments can make their owners look so polished with such a moderate scope of knowledge.

P.S. Eric is likely to be hugged to death over the next several years.... what a way to go....

I discovered the 'sound effects/music enhancing' portion of Stylus a few days after I got it and for high quality effects it's a great place to look first.

There really is sooooo much just in that section of Stylus. Worth checking out and it will inspire your music.
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Unless they find a way to give it a complete overhaul and really upgrade the sound, I can't see Intakt hanging on as a viable format for very long.
    What would be really cool would be if the SAGE converter could convert Intakt patches (not necessarily protected nki's though I'd guess). They're really just MIDI slices like REX and GC. In this sense wouldn't the conversion be pretty simple? You'd then be able to slice and dice your own with Kontakt or Intakt and use the superior timestretching in RMX.

fizbin

Talking Re: Stylus RMX....WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Personally, I wish all the StormDrum content would be released in RMX format. As much as I like a lot of the NI plug-ins, the time shifting algorithm within Intakt totally trashes the sound of those big, ambient sounds if you do any tempo shifting. It sounds AWFUL!!
    Lee Blaske
    Boy I couldn't agree more.

With RMX out, It is no contest as to which engine is the most nimble.

Given the choice, I don't know why any developer would opt for any of the NI engines.

The folks at Nine Volt Audio got this fact right away. Kudos to Kyle and the folks at Nine Volt Audio for their heads up progressive attitude in offering such fantastic libraries in RMX format straight away while others are still scratching their heads.

So, I second Lee's inquiry!!

FWIW.... there was a thread on here about a year ago whereby I inquired about this.

I received a reply from someone who appeared to have figured out how to export their StormDrum Slices into their original REX files.

But before I really got around to doing it, ...it appears that..... for whatever reason, the folks at Northern Sounds deleted the thread.

(I tell myself that someone at East West got wind of it and may have made some sort of plea that the thread be deleted in deference to their fears of people compromising their Library,...I can't say I blame them... but, I can no longer find the post that described how to do it).

However, like I said, ......the exodus and move to RMX is so massive, its a bit suicidal for serious developers not to seriously consider the inclusion of theRMX format in their future releases .

In my experience, people are becoming rather religiously devout to this (RMX) platform, and deservedly so. Not taking this reality into account will only encourage the pirates to try to crack it and release it in an RMX format on some P2P network; which will ultimately deprive great developers of their hard earned and well deserved compensation.

That being said, we can only hope that our pals at East West are reading these little
    tid bits

what about the quality and quantity of loops compared with stormdrum?
    -for epical/Orchestral/filmscore-music
    anyone got both, RMX and Stormdrum?

I have both, and while I have not gotten deeply into Stormdrum, off hand ultimately it's a great-sounding lib, and RMX has a vast number of equally-great sounding libs and samples to select from.

They're different more than "better" or "more cinematic" depending on how you use them, EQ, compress, mangle etc.

I would absolutely LOVE to see SD in REX (or SAGE) format, it would vastly increase its usefulness and flexibility to have CHAOS functions on top of Stormdrum.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

ok, does the chaos machine realy work fine?
    I know chaos machines for melodylines. they sound.. well like... chaos.

Go Back to forum