• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jazz for Halloween: Frankenstein

Share/Bookmark

Jazz for Halloween: Frankenstein

This piece uses Bosendorfer 290, Stormdrum, and Larry Seyer bass. Although it's a straight ahead jazz piece, you may find it terrifying because it is laced with all sorts of blood curdling Halloween sounds. (If you find it terrifying for some other reason, I'm interested in knowing that too.)

I made two mixes: the first is wet and the second is drier.

Frankenstein

Frankenstein (dry)

Please give one or both a listen and let me know what you think.

Marko

Re: Jazz for Halloween: Frankenstein

Hey Marko,

is it you playing the piano?
    Live?

If it is, I had no idea you were into jazz...pretty cool

I don't really think the witches screams work with the track but at Holloween everything is possible...

Be well

Quote Originally Posted by P de Caumette
    I don't really think the witches screams work with the track but at Holloween everything is possible...
    Hey, it sounds EXACTLY like the gig I used to have at a place called the "Big M" in Boston... (Or was it Carol Doda's in San Francisco?) Seriously, I think it was both. - OK, I just heard the kookaburra birds, they weren't around in those days. And it took most of a night, usually, to hear that many screams, but home, sweet homeboyz.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

It is I playing the piano.. neither live nor dead, but undead in the spirit of Halloween.

This take was one of many improvisations over the bass and drums that I felt was worthy of posting.

As for the sound fx, well, as cheesy as they are, they're for Halloween.

I'd like to say it was recorded undead at Yoshi's or perhaps the Village Vanguard.

By the way, there's a cut on Mulgrew Miller's Live at Yoshi's (v. 2), titled 'Joshua'. It's an inspiration and I have been listening to it a lot lately.

Marko

Go Back to forum