• Register
  • Help

Topic: Groove agent 2 anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Groove agent 2 anyone?

Hi,

anyone of you tried GA2? I'd like to have opinions about timbres and loops quality.

Thanks
    Luca

Re: Groove agent 2 anyone?

Groove Agent 2 is a great update if you are familiar with GA1. GA2 is a great tool that has a lot of flexibility. I use it quite often just to allow me to have a solid starter drum track then I can go back and edit it.

You also have the ability to route the sounds to 8 different outputs for further tweaking and processing through effects and such. Adjustments for the ambient sound as well as pan, etc can be done in the GA2 interface.

The sounds are quite good and cover a wide variety of generes from brush kits to some cool electronic vintage sounds. There is even a kit that was put together by using sounds created from a Moog modular system which are very interesting.

I also use RMX as well as sometimes even using multiple instances of GA2 to get some more complex patterns.

Hope that helps,
    Simeon Amburgey
    Sound Creations, Inc.
    Louisville, KY
    www.soundcreationsinc.com

I use GA2, upgrading from GA1.

I thought Groove Agent was good, until I bought Jamstix.
    The sounds in GA2, sound a bit weak, but can be improved with tweaking.
    The drumming patterns and fills are great in GA2 , so I often create midi tracks from GA in Cubase, then use Jamstix sounds, or any other samples I fancy.

regards

john-studio64

Thanks Simeon and John

Luca

Are the fills in GA2 different fromGA1 ?

Hi Collin

There are new fills, but only in the new rthyms, which of course, you can use in the old original rthyms, by output to midi.

hope this helps

John studio64

That’s what I figured. Thanks for the info.

Hi All

I use a combination of GA2 and RMX. I like all the patterns and (in particular) the many fills included with GA2 - and I feed the midi into RMX in kit mode (have to alter a few of the note pitches to trigger the right drum) and it sounds great.

The two together are a fantastic tool

Tyrone Howe

"I use a combination of GA2 and RMX. I like all the patterns and (in particular) the many fills included with GA2 - and I feed the midi into RMX in kit mode (have to alter a few of the note pitches to trigger the right drum) and it sounds great."

Tyrone,

This is a good idea. You clever lad, you.

Best,
    Didier

thank you

Go Back to forum