• Register
  • Help

Topic: finale recording help

Share/Bookmark

finale recording help

I have Finale 2006 that came with GPO lite. I get great sounds using GPO. I also have the full version GPO I bought before 2006 came out. How can I save my finale files to a wav file that will use the GPO sounds.
    I am totally a beginner with GPO.
    Thanks
    Larry

Re: finale recording help

Quote Originally Posted by lhenry@d15.org
    I have Finale 2006 that came with GPO lite. I get great sounds using GPO. I also have the full version GPO I bought before 2006 came out. How can I save my finale files to a wav file that will use the GPO sounds.
    Thanks
    Larry
    Just be patient... coming soon.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Piéchaud
    Just be patient... coming soon.

R.

But isn't there a way to save as wav through the full version of GPO? I hope this fix doesn't take as long as the big band sounds to come out.
    Thanks
    Larry

I think what Robert meant is, that there's a maintenance release of Finale right around the corner fixing the Save As Audio feature. Until then you can either Save As MIDI and import the MIDI file into a sequencer, where you can produce an audio file, or play back your file with Finale and record it with an external program, f.ex. Studio, that came with GPO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I think what Robert meant is, that there's a maintenance release of Finale right around the corner fixing the Save As Audio feature. Until then you can either Save As MIDI and import the MIDI file into a sequencer, where you can produce an audio file, or play back your file with Finale and record it with an external program, f.ex. Studio, that came with GPO.
    Thanks, I will explore the GPO studio. As I mentioned, I worked very little with the full version of GPO, thinking 2006 would do everything I needed it to do.
    Any further info or help you can give will be appreciated.
    Thanks for your response
    Larry

Thanks, I will explore the GPO studio. As I mentioned, I worked very little with the full version of GPO, thinking 2006 would do everything I needed it to do.
    Any further info or help you can give will be appreciated.
    Thanks for your response
    Larry
    I get silence on the wave file. I think I've loaded the instruments correctly. Any ideas?
    Thanks

To record through Studio, you set up the VST instances inside Studio, select GPO Studio 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in Finale | MIDI menu | MIDI Setup | MIDI Out, uncheck MIDI menu | "Play Finale Through Native Instruments VST", click Studio | Record | "Record to file" and finally start Playback in Finale. That ought to do it.

Another way to do this in the meantime is to use a utility like Snap Pro X (on the Mac - not sure if it is available for PC but I bet there is something out there that does it) which captures screen audio and/or video. Of course that means shelling out more dough for more software, but this type of capture utility has many uses and might be worth the investment. You can then set the utility to capture and then hit the playback button in Finale 2006 and let 'er rip. When the performance is done you can save the result to .aif file. Then iTunes can convert to mp3 in a snap. Of course, non of this would be necessary if MakeMusic could get the Finale update out to us sooner than later!
    Paul

Thanks
    Larry

Free Audacity can be used to record audio.

Go Back to forum