• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2?

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2?

With Solo Strad. requiring Kontakt 2 (and presumably so will GPOA,) should we bite the bullet and spend the $200 to "crossgrade?"

Thanks.
    Keith W.

Re: Kontakt 2?

Solo Strad and GPOA will eventually have their own players built on the Kontakt 2 engine. I guess it takes NI time come up with these built-in players for all the developers that require them and Gary is giving Kontakt 2 users a "headstart". Mostly for those of us who would beat his door down with clubs and torches unless we were tossed a bone.

It's up to you really whether you want to "crossgrade" or just wait for the player version to be released. My 2 cents, though, would be that you may get more control using Kontakt 2, plus there are all the nice sounds that come with it.

Did I miss something? Is the Kontakt2 version being released soon?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    Did I miss something? Is the Kontakt2 version being released soon?
    Sometime in November - pre-orders are being taken now.

where and how?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Smile Re: Kontakt 2?

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    where and how?
    Hi Keith,
    Pre-Orders will be taken soon as you can read here...
    http://www.garritan.com/

And here more insights:
    http://www.garritan.com/stradivari.html

Best,
    Roberto

If you follow the link in the previous post (sorry, I forgot to include that) and go through to the online order page, you can place your pre-order. Delivery is scheduled for late November, according to the info there.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW
    With Solo Strad. requiring Kontakt 2 (and presumably so will GPOA,) should we bite the bullet and spend the $200 to "crossgrade?"

Thanks.
    Keith W.
    Hey Keith.... Where did YOu find it for $200 ???
    I'm looking for it too... but found it cheapest for 250$ at audiomidi.com

Thumbs up Re: Kontakt 2?

Waiting for future products based on Kontakt 2 players (still long time request for release), the full Kontakt 2 upgrade would allow you to have some advantages:
    - receive a large library of samples with the application, including a light but complete version of Vienna Symphonic Library orchestral sounds.
    - to be ready to play advanced libraries like Garritan Stradivari and BelaDmedia Giovani (boys and girls choir)
    - if you like programming, one of the most advanced engine for re-create or import existing libraries (from Akai, Giga, HALion, Reason and so on)

The price of the cross grade seems to me attractive and justified.
    It is anyway a lot of money for average amateurs, then everybody will prioritize his budget...;-))

I did the "jump" and I'm quite satisfied (my wife not so happy, but I know the way to apologize...)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    The price of the cross grade seems to me attractive and justified.
    It is anyway a lot of money for average amateurs, then everybody will prioritize his budget...;-))
    For a guy in Poland like me... it's not so attractice.... so I'm looking for a best deal (i mean cheapest) out there

Go Back to forum