• Register
  • Help

Topic: Carpulledthrewthetunnel Slimjim?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Carpulledthrewthetunnel Slimjim?

Heh, doc says I have carpal tunnel Syndrome in both wrists (no schighst Sherlock!) After 40 years of hard labor, ya think? No wonder me thumbs been a hoiting a bit more lately! And here all along I thought it was Art Thritis setting in. Anyone else go through this situation bethree? Doc tells me it's a no brainer procedure. They cut open your head, drop a line down to your wrists, then fill em back up with silly putty to bring back the elasticity. After which, during recovery the give you plenty of ice cream to sooth your vocal chord from all the screaming ya did because they forgot to put you to sleep during the operation! Not to mention replacing your thumbs with chicken fingers and now you have a craving to lay an egg every morning! What's worse is the therapists is really studying the art of origami and insists on you trying to do what he does even all bandage up! Anyhow, I've decided just to go to the drug store (Apothecary) < love that word don't you! So British sounding!! I've decided to go to the Apothecary and purchase a pair of helping hands. This should give me the edge I need to become the greatest pianie player in the woild! Going to quit playing percussion and become a pro football player, sit on the bench every game and make around $800,000 per season.
    Regardless,
    Eh, leave us not be hasty Blab. A little time off from woik may do me some good.
    By the way ... this was my dream last night.
    Styxx

Re: Carpulledthrewthetunnel Slimjim?

Styxx, we do look forward to your morning posts. I’m sorry to hear of your pain though. Be careful about any surgery. Sometimes rest and a lot of ice can do wonders.

Wishing you the best,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    go to the drug store (Apothecary) < love that word don't you! So British sounding!!
    I think of the British saying “Chemist”. Only people quoting our good friend Bill use Apothecary.

O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. – Thus with a kiss I die.

Nice happy, cheerful stuff, that.
    Trent P. McDonald

Talking Re: Carpulledthrewthetunnel Slimjim?

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    I think of the British saying “Chemist”. Only people quoting our good friend Bill use Apothecary.

O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. – Thus with a kiss I die.

Nice happy, cheerful stuff, that.
    Yes, but still "Apothecary" is one of those words that just seem to want to stay on your tongue a bit longer and screw up all the others before they come out. "Chemist" is like "Plumber". Kind of weighted down thus it just falls off your tongue and out of the way unlike "Apothecary" that rrrrolls out with the eloquence of Royalty. Ha ha! What the heck has come over me this morning? Ha! Woids! Fun to feel what they sound like sometimes!
    Styxx

Hi Styxx!

Sorry to hear about your trouble!! I will let you know though, that I've had carpel tunnel in both wrists since age 16, and now have arthritis on top of it all. That'll teach me to play too much. It's no fun, but I've shyed away from surgery because of the risk that I won't be able to play anymore. I hope that whichever decision you make that it works out for the best.

Take care,
    Steph

Hey MM, Nice perppydergs!
    Styxx

thanks!! That's Annie, my pound-hound

Talking Re: Carpulledthrewthetunnel Slimjim?

Ah, a bit of an arphin she was I see. Cute she is the little las!
    Styxx

You're too quick!! That's why she's called Annie (she's a little red-head too )

Go Back to forum