• Register
  • Help

Topic: gigastudio capability greater than kontakt

Share/Bookmark

gigastudio capability greater than kontakt

So many posts here complain, myself too occasionally; sometimes praise is in order, especially by comparison with the competition.

Because of several recent library purchases, have had to get used to kontakt2. Just now I've reached a point where a fully loaded kontakt2 setup bogged down at 100% cpu, at a point where I know from experience that gigastudio would scarcely have blinked: a 6-part texture of relatively slow notes. This is with pretty many kontakt2 channels loaded: 4 ports of 16 each, but NO reverb or other effects at all. And that of course is half of what many of us customarily run on gs3 orchestra (8 port of 16 channels), along with several reverbs or 2-4 gigapulses!

Re: gigastudio capability greater than kontakt

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    So many posts here complain, myself too occasionally; sometimes praise is in order, especially by comparison with the competition.

Because of several recent library purchases, have had to get used to kontakt2. Just now I've reached a point where a fully loaded kontakt2 setup bogged down at 100% cpu, at a point where I know from experience that gigastudio would scarcely have blinked: a 6-part texture of relatively slow notes. This is with pretty many kontakt2 channels loaded: 4 ports of 16 each, but NO reverb or other effects at all. And that of course is half of what many of us customarily run on gs3 orchestra (8 port of 16 channels), along with several reverbs or 2-4 gigapulses!
    Praise is also in order for this thread as well, gugliel.

It's been said here many times that you hear the complaints, but that no one speaks up when it works. I too am a complainer-most often, of course, I do so in the form of a request for help, but it is high time that the programs users voiced some satisfaction.

Though I do have problems from time to time, I still find it staggering what this program can do. I have no experience using any of the competition's sofware, but that is because I decided while getting back into soft-sampling that this program, and the libraries available for it, were for me. My research into the capabilities of the various available soft-samplers made it clear that there was no other choice, and not for one minute have I regretted the decision. Since my purchase, I have learned it well, and it has revealed capabilities of which I was completely unaware. GS3 is a tremendous asset for any serious composer. I've lost a girlfriend who I cared for very much over it. Know what? Still no regrets.

Belbin

Go Back to forum