• Register
  • Help

Topic: anyone know cheapest way to upgrade from Kontakt 1.x to 2?

Share/Bookmark

anyone know cheapest way to upgrade from Kontakt 1.x to 2?

In anticipation of the Solo Stradivari I'd like to "be prepared". Thanks for any advice!
    - robjohn

Re: anyone know cheapest way to upgrade from Kontakt 1.x to 2?

It's going to cost $150, and you can get it at either NI's site, or through a retailer. Mine is in the mail, ordered from Sweetwater (free shipping!)

u should check out b&h photo in manhattan-- they are offering it for $125, which is probably the best price you're gonna find -- i don't think there's free shipping, but if your location is still new york city u could pick it up yourself--(on the site it says $150, but there's a link to email me a better price, and they are offering for 125-- in general they have some pretty amazing deals i have not really seen anywhere else-- i myself am probably going to get the kontakt 2 crossgrade for owners of kompakt/kontakt based libraries for $200, which is a steal compared to everywhere else)

I don't know why they don't offer an upgrade just to the new engine.
    I have kontakt 1 and to be honest I never used the samples they give with it and i don't what to upgrade to hae again other samples that I don't need.
    Should be better to have a downloadable version at a cheaper cost!

Quote Originally Posted by crr
    I don't know why they don't offer an upgrade just to the new engine.
    I have kontakt 1 and to be honest I never used the samples they give with it and i don't what to upgrade to hae again other samples that I don't need.
    Should be better to have a downloadable version at a cheaper cost!
    Excellent idea yet probably not profit effective for them. I've never used the samples either with Kontakt 1.5. Guess we just have to bite the bullet!
    Styxx

Thanks all for the advice! To paraphrase their radio commercial (for those who've heard it), "I'll go to B & H!"
    Best -
    - robjohn

i wish i could get a job in their advertising department and overhaul their radio advertising concept, those commercials used to make me not want to go to b & h, until i saw their prices and heard that they actually are knowledgeable and reliable

Quote Originally Posted by sammy24

i wish i could get a job in their advertising department and overhaul their radio advertising concept, those commercials used to make me not want to go to b & h, until i saw their prices and heard that they actually are knowledgeable and reliable
    I agree - in fact I seperately happened upon the actul store in Monhattan once and it didn't occur to me until much later that "B&H Photo" was actually the cheesy "I'll go to B & H!" from the radio ad I had heard so many times (not exactly effective advertising to have the store lead me to notice the ad instead of the other way around!)
    - robjohn

I also got my K2 upgrade from B&H on PoM's advice: if you click the "mail me a price" link you get the $125 offer. (or at least that's what it was at the time) Shipping was prompt, too.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

what do they say, bad advertising can be as effective as good advertising, as long as it gets u to recognize the product-- i always wondered if that was true, esp. because there are certain advertisements on the radio that are so bad i wouldn't buy the product b/c of how bad the commercial was--(i don't know if u heard this one, but the valentine's day ad for "star registry" where u name a star after someone, was so bad that i just cracked up every time i heard it--)i hope no one here is affiliated with star registry if they are i'm only trying to help--give me a call i'm sure i can come up with something

Go Back to forum