• Register
  • Help

Topic: Selling PC! What to do with GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Selling PC! What to do with GPO?

I seem to recall reading that I have to do something special with GPO rather than simply uninstalling it or reformatting my hard drive..... what do I need to do?

Formatting hard drive in less than one hour....
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Re: Selling PC! What to do with GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    I seem to recall reading that I have to do something special with GPO rather than simply uninstalling it or reformatting my hard drive..... what do I need to do?

Formatting hard drive in less than one hour....
    BlueMax,

If you have made no changes to the hardware or OS, then you should just be able to use the same serial number and authorization code you previously used. If you changed hardware or OS, you'll need to deuathorize and reauthorize witht he new system. Good luck.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    BlueMax,

If you have made no changes to the hardware or OS, then you should just be able to use the same serial number and authorization code you previously used. If you changed hardware or OS, you'll need to deuathorize and reauthorize witht he new system. Good luck.

Gary Garritan
    Is this something I can do AFTER the system is sold and gone? Or do I have to do it right now, before removing it?

Computer is being replaced with one that will actually handle GPO quite nicely.

You can de-register at the Native Instruments website at any time. Just make sure you know your login details for that site.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

You don't necessarily have to be on the same computer to de-activate your registration at the NI site. But if the computer you're selling is the only one with web access, then it's probably a good idea to just go ahead and do it before you get rid of it.

Ahhh... new computer in place with 1.5GB of RAM. I'll finally be able to run GPO, though I really should get myself an Audiophile 2496 and better MIDI controller to round out the package!

Let the composing begin! ...once I de-register and so forth... hope it's not too complicated.

Go Back to forum