• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: For Wusik--A new, lowend inexpensive upright piano

Share/Bookmark

For Wusik--A new, lowend inexpensive upright piano

Again in the interest of telling eveyone about any new piano library. I'm posting a link to the discussion thread at KVR so everyone can see what is being said about this sample set:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0

And here's the site for the developer:
    http://www.wusik.com/index.php?pagep...e&menu=hqpiano

Anyone here played around with Wusik much? Good for piano sounds?

Re: For Wusik--A new, lowend inexpensive upright piano

Thanks a lot Jake for flagging this up.

I just loved the demos......a real natural piano.....and all for $30!! Such a pleasant change from the overmanicured Steinways. Sometimes you need a 'bit of rough'. I loved the 'complicated' section of Fur Elise!

I always find it hard to resist these value for money buys.....Like Silver on offer at $145!!

By coincidence I received my copy of 'Computer Music' today and they say that next month there will be a free copy of Wusikstation.......that's fate!

regards

Frank

I liked the demos, too. Fur Elise rendered kind of mechanical, but that has nothing to do with the sounds of course. The idea of having a v-piano that has the rough & tumble character of a beat-up old upright appeals to me.

I've never quite related to the need to have multiple and very expensive piano sample libraries anyway, but that's no doubt because I'm just a piano player, not a pianist, and am still amazed that my GPO Steinway continues to stay in tune!

Do any of the really high-end samples truly yet approach the dynamic velocity ranges of a real concert grand? That's what the power users and developers are really working towards, I would think.

You said "free" Frank? I'm on a very tight budget over the next month or so, but can probably make free work for me. I'm even willing to find a truck and haul the thing!

Thanks for the link, Jake.

i am a bit of an upright aficionado and....hmmm...not a fan of this upright sound...appreciate the motivation behind it...a 'natural' upright...but in my humble opinion, this just doesnt have it...just sounds too sampley.

JPS

Exclamation Re: For Wusik--A new, lowend inexpensive upright piano

Hy guys, thanks for the words, we seem to be getting a lot of positive feedback for our sampled pianos. So far the "Essenfelder" is the best sounding one, but we also released 2 other sets. "Fritz Dobbert" and "M Schwartzmann".

For more info please visit:

http://www.wusik.com/index.php?pagep...enu=hqacoustic

I know that not everybody will like this, but we did a pretty intensive job on this collection. And for $ 9.95 EACH piano, is a GREAT deal.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Cool Re: For Wusik--A new, lowend inexpensive upright piano

Thanks again Jake, for yet another piano post. Just curious, how you manage to find all these various pianos. There are nice sounding pianos, my favorite is the Essenfelder. Wow for under $10, that's crazy, that's like lunch money.

Again the thing with the format. Just wondering if this format converts to Giga or Kontakt. I would get this if I could use it with my sampler. Anybody know. Who better to ask than the developer himself, WilliamK?

Thanks

By the way, Jake, Did you get the Schimmel yet.

After reading more from the site, I've learned that you need the Wusik VSTi player in order to play these pianos. So that answers my format question.

Thumbs up Re: For Wusik--A new, lowend inexpensive upright piano

I'm pretty sure ESC can read those files and convert to any format you want, but you loose the presets on the way. But since you can get Wusikstation cheap, you may not need to convert afterall. ;-)

Wk

I'll probably buy these pianos, too, although they seem to be only two layers and have a short decay. I'm interested in how they could sound in Kontakt with a longer release, a little convolution, and one of Olivier's harmonics scripts.

I found all three of these sets of pianos one afternoon when I opened Google, typed in the words "samples" and the word "piano" and spent several hours looking over the results. Not recommended as a way to make the best use of your time. (But I will end up getting all of these pianos eventually. May go for the Art Vista grand first.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    I'll probably buy these pianos, too, although they seem to be only two layers and have a short decay. I'm interested in how they could sound in Kontakt with a longer release, a little convolution, and one of Olivier's harmonics scripts.
    Not sure if you mean Wusik's HQ Pianos, in case you do, they are mostly not looped, and the files that are looped, are over 12 seconds. The Piano Set 3 is one that has mostly non looped files, so it will sound better. Also, I sampled those pianos myself, and the only dif I could hear from one velocity layer to another, was a natural accoustic filter. That's why it is only one velocity, and still sounds great. We used some Mod-Matrix trixs to make it sound as much natural possible. Also, we sampled with stereo mics, which makes a big dif too.

Wk

Go Back to forum