• Register
  • Help

Topic: Compatibility between VSL's First and Pro editions?

Share/Bookmark

Compatibility between VSL's First and Pro editions?

I have a friend in China (who doesn't speak English, so I'm helping him) who got the First Edtion of Orchestral Cube, but now he wants to get the Performance Set too, but only the Pro Edition is available now. He's concerned that there might be compatibility issues between the two editions. Can someone shed some light on his concern?

Re: Compatibility between VSL's First and Pro editions?

The Performance Set has it's own programs and it isn't dependent of the rest of the library. There are even some VSL user demos made with just the Performance Instruments but obviously it's limiting to have only legatos and repetitions.

The Pro Edition Performance Set includes everything the First Edition Performance Set has. It just has truckloads of cool stuff the First Edition doesn't include. Most likely the only problem he'll have is the temptation to get the rest of the Pro Edition. Can he afford that?

Re: Compatibility between VSL's First and Pro editions?

Hahah, he's going to be set back big time if he gets the Pro Edition Performance Set. I doubt he'd have money to get anything for a while. His buddy who's also a composer has the Opus bundle, and they do work at each other's home studios a lot, so between the two of them, maybe they won't miss having the Pro Edition of the Orchestral Cube?

Go Back to forum