• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Quick question about VSL Opus 1

Share/Bookmark

Quick question about VSL Opus 1

Does this library have mod wheel swells for woodwinds, brass and strings? I'm looking at the articulation list and it all seems pretty much, select a patch and that's what you get... Is this a correct assumption, or do they have things you can do witha mod wheel?

Re: Quick question about VSL Opus 1

there are modwheel crossfades for strings
    but not the legato strings.

...although the latter may now have been added as downloadable .art files for GS3.
    Best to check the VSL forum though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but modwheel crossfades for legato instruments was added to the GS version and it has existed for other formats before. So yes, they are included.

yes, they exist. I have legato modwheel patches in the .exs format, so surely they exist in the other formats also.

Thanks for your replies... So, these only exist for the strings, and not the brass and woodwinds??

Sorry if I've misled you. I can only speak for the Giga version, which I bought a few months ago. There are no legato instrument crossfades. My understanding is that art files are available that offer that and other newly programmed features, but specifically for GS3; and one must apply the art files to all the applicable programs, which is time consuming. But again, probably best to post your question at the VSL forum.

Hi rob, thanks for your reply... I was just querying folks who have this, to get additional info to articulations to listed on their page... I"m sure it's a good library anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Does this library have mod wheel swells for woodwinds, brass and strings? I'm looking at the articulation list and it all seems pretty much, select a patch and that's what you get... Is this a correct assumption, or do they have things you can do witha mod wheel?
    It would be best if you posed this at www.vsl.co.at in the VSL forum where many knowledgable people can help you.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Strings, Brass, and Woodwinds all have MW swells in sustain and legato. Love it!
    Chris

Go Back to forum