• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Galaxy Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Galaxy Steinway

“An old pot still cooks good soup”… well I believe this is an old French proverb.

We talk a lot about new pianos here.

I buy and use a lot of new pianos… some are more expressive, some are more dynamic and some have more character…

…BUT, I can’t stop playing and recording with this one. It’s still one of my pianos of choice for recording live piano-voice songs. No eq/comp needed, it beautifully fills the space leaving the centre for the lead…

With the last major upgrade, adding recorded pedal down resonance and (very nice) releases, those samples reach another dimension. I’ve also tried to add some sympathetic resonance (based on Kornel script), and with the good blend, it’s a new awesome piano.

Anyone else enjoying this piano as I am ?

Re: Galaxy Steinway

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    “An old pot still cooks good soup”… well I believe this is an old French proverb.

We talk a lot about new pianos here.

I buy and use a lot of new pianos… some are more expressive, some are more dynamic and some have more character…

…BUT, I can’t stop playing and recording with this one. It’s still one of my pianos of choice for recording live piano-voice songs. No eq/comp needed, it beautifully fills the space leaving the centre for the lead…

With the last major upgrade, adding recorded pedal down resonance and (very nice) releases, those samples reach another dimension. I’ve also tried to add some sympathetic resonance (based on Kornel script), and with the good blend, it’s a new awesome piano.

Anyone else enjoying this piano as I am ?

Any good demos up?

JG

I don’t understand BS marketing, there is nowhere in the web any demo of this new version of the Galaxy. It’s just like if this upgrade was only a gift to existing users...

I would be interested in hearing demos featuring the new resonance samples. It's always the same 3 demos at Best Service.

The update brings the library to life. I practically never used it before the update but now I really like it. There seems to be some programming issues (try fast staccatos) but the sound is great.

hi,

I was a fan of Galaxy. it's a good piano.

i've posted a demo of the Galaxy update ( with release) in this forum few weeks ago....

Now, i prefer the concert Akoustik Grand (Steinway D) with a new overtone script that i will post soon.

Regards,

Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    The update brings the library to life. I practically never used it before the update but now I really like it. There seems to be some programming issues (try fast staccatos) but the sound is great.
    In K2 it sounds ok. Maybe a kompakt version issue ?
    I set the release trigger at 3500ms instead of 5000 in the release rack. I decrease also a bit the volume level, and it's even better...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    In K2 it sounds ok. Maybe a kompakt version issue ?
    I set the release trigger at 3500ms instead of 5000 in the release rack. I decrease also a bit the volume level, and it's even better...
    Thanks for the hint. I only tried it out when I got it but I haven't really used it yet. I'll try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    hi,

I was a fan of Galaxy. it's a good piano.

i've posted a demo of the Galaxy update ( with release) in this forum few weeks ago....

Now, i prefer the concert Akoustik Grand (Steinway D) with a new overtone script that i will post soon.

Regards,

Olivier
    Well, I'm looking to purchase my first serious Steinway sample after the EW, which was my first, and the Milan, my second.

I'm looking at the Black Grand, the Akoustic, the Galaxy, and the Scandanavian one, which I can't recall the name of. It's a contest, I'm afraid, since I'm not going to buy ALL of them (much as I would like to).

What, Olivier, do you prefer about the Akoustic over the Galaxy? And how about the Black, and any others you can think of? And, please, anyone out there, post your demos, cause I can't really find much to go on.

My chief criticism of the Akoustic and the Galaxy, based of course on the the mp3s (which are few in number and inherently of limited use anyway), are that both sound to me a little "closed." My use is strictly for a recorded sound, not live.

JG

Galaxy is certainly a great piano, but I agree with Olivier's comment on the Akoustic grand. I like the sound of both.
    The Galaxy was sampled only on every second key ( 6 notes per octave ) but the Akoustic is 88 keys sampled.
    Kornel
    http://music.mezo.com

Go Back to forum